Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny utgivelse fra Contante & Sonante

GIG - BRAVE NEW WORLD

GIG is the brainchild of a trio of legendary music-makers Randy Goodrum, Dave Innis and Bruce Gaitsch (hence GIG from their last names).

Singer-songwriter Randy Goodrum has written or co-written countless hits, including “You Needed Me” for Anne Murray, “Who's Holding Donna Now” for El DeBarge, “Oh Sherrie” for Steve Perry and “I'll Be Over You” for Toto, to name just a few. Goodrum is also half of the renowned quality pop duo JaR, along with ace producer, songwriter and guitar player Jay Graydon.

Bruce Gaitsch is an extraordinary songwriter, guitarist and top session player who has performed and/or recorded with dozen of major acts, including Chicago, Celine Dion, Elton John, Amy Grant and Peter Cetera. Gaitsch has also co-penned big hits like “La Isla Bonita” for Madonna and “Don't Mean Nothing” with his old friend Richard Marx.

Dave Innis is one of the founding members of the successful country-pop group Restless Heart. He is also a successful songwriter and keyboard player, having penned and co-written hits for a number of world-class artists, including The Pointer Sisters, Peter Cetera, Lee Greenwood and Kenny Rogers, among others.

GIG is a special project that started out in 2013 and continued to 2015. An all-star cast rounded out the album production, including fabulous drummers like Keith Carlock of Toto and Steely Dan fame, Dan Needham who backed up stars like Michael McDonald and Marc Broussard, Billy Ward who was a drummer for Bill Champlin and Marc Jordan, plus Suzanne Vega's player, Doug Yowell. The bass parts were handled by George Hawkins Jr., Kenny Loggins' legendary bassist, and Nashville's top session guy Tim Denbo. The very talented singer Janey Clewer, who’s also Gaitsch's wife, sang the gorgeous harmonies with Goodrum, who delivers some killer lead vocals throughout the project.

A special treat on Brave New World is the song "All I'll Ever Needed", which closes the album. The song was written by composer and keyboardist Michael Haddad, who demoed it with lead vocals by the late Warren Wiebe. Warren's precious vocals were kindly granted by Haddad to Contante & Sonante that asked GIG to record a whole new backing track for the song. The result is a new recording of "All I'll Ever Need" that perfectly fits the soft-rock atmosphere of Brave New World.

GIG's Brave New World is destined to be a must-listen for the lovers of West Coast pop and soft-rock. The material included is a true master class, both in arrangement and execution.

Released in a limited edition of only 1000 copies.

Track listing:

1. Private O’Toole
    2. Hernando’s Paradise
    3. The Box
    4. Peddler, Pete
    5. Waiting
    6. Ramblin’ Dan
    7. Little Flame
    8. All There Is
    9. Isle Of Pigs
    10. Brave New World
    11. All I'll Ever Need -- FEAT WARREN WIEBE
    GIG - Brave New World / contanteysonante

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Jonah Nilsson (Dirty Loops) kjører solo

Dette er i beste DL-stil.

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Phonic Nomads. Litt i samme gate som Dirty Loops og FLR

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    P*S – HIGH FIDELITY (1983)

P*S består av Per (P) Kolstad og Svein (S) Dag Hauge og er en svensk-norsk forbrødring, hvor øvrige medlemmer fra Lava er med, samt den svenske vokalisten Björn Skifs og supergitarist Janne Schaffer. Albumet veksler mellom vokale spor, hvor Skifs og Egil Eldøen synger, og en del instrumentale låter. Vestkyst AOR i verdensklasse dette her, og om vi klarer å forhåndsselge 150 eks, trykker vi den på cd.

https://bidra.no/prosjekt/ps--high-fidelity-1983/d7621731-d7b1-4cd1-9abb-3fce89b31594

Bartesam

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hus
    P*S – HIGH FIDELITY (1983)

P*S består av Per (P) Kolstad og Svein (S) Dag Hauge og er en svensk-norsk forbrødring, hvor øvrige medlemmer fra Lava er med, samt den svenske vokalisten Björn Skifs og supergitarist Janne Schaffer. Albumet veksler mellom vokale spor, hvor Skifs og Egil Eldøen synger, og en del instrumentale låter. Vestkyst AOR i verdensklasse dette her, og om vi klarer å forhåndsselge 150 eks, trykker vi den på cd.

https://bidra.no/prosjekt/ps--high-fidelity-1983/d7621731-d7b1-4cd1-9abb-3fce89b31594
    Har denne på LP. Knallbra :)

Polka

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Jeg begynte å nynne teksten fra "Rosanna" i begynnelsen der. Dette låter veldig som Toto, ispedd litt fusion. Men avslappende å høre på.

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    Fikk sånn der karaoke-følelse av "Nothing you can do about it"...
    Men grunnen til at jeg føler slik, er vel at låta finnes på min bibel innen denne genren 😁

Hornlyd

Musikkglad
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Spiller gjennom plata nå. Duverden den er bra. Leah overgår kanskje originalen, og det skal litt til da jeg liker Toto veldig veldig veldig godt helt siden tenårene. Det er bare Toto og Van M jeg har gått på konserter og hørt på to ganger :) Toto sist på et geriatrisk treff på Grefsenkollen for et par år siden. Steve L spøkte med at de hadde 400 års,… ehh 40 års jubileum.

Hornlyd

Musikkglad
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Hmm, etter å ha spilt Bach kantater og oriatorer på cd etter cd i flere dager havnet jeg her :)

MrSpock

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Er nok ganske stor fan av Yacht Rock - lytter nå til denne:

Fantastisk produksjon & mastering, låter så bra, fine låter. Er med på listen i denne oversikten (8 Essential Yacht Rock Albums):

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Det er hyggelig å se at det gis ut nye plater :)

State Cows "High and Dry" kom ut i dag (fredag).

released May 6, 2022

Produced by Daniel Andersson and Stefan Olofsson
    Mixed and mastered by Stefan Olofsson

Daniel Andersson: lead and background vocals, lead guitar
    Stefan Olofsson: keyboards, bass, guitars, drums, backing vocals, lead vocals (12)

Peter "Peppe" Olofsson: drums (2, 3, 6, 12)
    Christian Thomsen: backing vocals (3)
    Göran Turborn: lead guitar (6, 9, 12)
    Fredrik Lundgren: lead guitar (4)
    Johan Viksten: lead guitar (3)
    Sven Larsson: lead guitar (7, 8)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny plate fra Monkey House denne helga:

1657971224688.png

REMEMBER THE AUDIO WAS RECORDED, MIXED AND MASTERED IN ULTRA HIGH 24BIT/192KHZ RESOLUTION.

The world has changed a lot since 1992, when Don Breithaupt first collected an album’s worth of his irresistibly hooky and jazzy pop songs and formed Monkey House. Since then, the talented and prolific Los Angeles-based singer, songwriter, composer, arranger, and producer has stamped the band’s Kurt Vonnegut-inspired moniker on five albums of original material, including Headquarters (2012), Left (2016) and Friday (2019), the latter a blazing tour de force which topped the iTunes jazz chart and went to #11 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Albums chart.

Now, to mark their thirtieth anniversary, Monkey House presents their most accomplished and exciting set yet, Remember The Audio, on which Breithaupt is joined by his A-List wrecking crew of Mark Kelso on drums, Pat Kilbride on bass, Justin Abedin on guitar, and guests including trumpeters Randy Brecker, Guido Basso and Michael Leonhart, guitarist Drew Zingg, and singers Lucy Woodward and David Blamires. After years of fluid lineups, Breithaupt says he had an epiphany back in 2011 while rounding up the usual suspects to make Headquarters: “Hey, wouldn’t it be nice if this coalesced into a steady band?”

Breithaupt got more than just a band: Monkey House is a crack team of virtuosos playing in sync and in service to his instantly hummable songs. Remember The Audio is sophisticated pop for now people, and a new high-water mark in Monkey House’s musical journey.

Like the last three Monkey House albums, Remember The Audio was co-produced by Breithaupt and Peter Cardinali, with basic tracks recorded live off the floor at Noble Street Studios in Toronto. “Horns were next,” says Breithaupt. “Then we started collecting solos.

Breithaupt had already written most of the music on Remember The Audio pre-COVID, but he figures “at least half of the lyrics were written in the spring of 2020, after the world shut down.” Not surprisingly, a sense of foreboding hangs over some of the songs: a glance at titles like “The Future Is Almost Gone” and “Last Days of Pompeii” is akin to doom-scrolling.

“I’ll cop to the end-times theme,” says Breithaupt over Zoom from his Santa Monica studio. “Will the last one out of L.A. kill the light, etc. The music isn’t downbeat at all, but under the shiny surface and the hooks… That’s why Mose Allison’s ‘Ever Since The World Ended’ fit right in. I thought it would be a good coda for the album because it’s fatalistic, but it’s also really funny and not too heavy.”

Monkey House make pop for people who aren’t afraid of jazz, and vice-versa.

https://shopalmarecords.com/collections/music/products/remember-the-audio

tidal.com/browse/album/236996887

Sluket

Sivilaudiofil og Master Baiter
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Bra arrangementer og fine hornsekvenser!

Sluket

Sivilaudiofil og Master Baiter
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Steely Dan meets Toto, but in an even more intelligent and refined way!!! :LOL: :LOL: Legg merke til bruken av "The Purdy Shuffle" - tilsvarende Jeff Porcaro's på "Rosanna" låta....

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    Steely Dan meets Toto, but in an even more intelligent and refined way!!! :LOL: :LOL: Legg merke til bruken av "The Purdy Shuffle" - tilsvarende Jeff Porcaro's på "Rosanna" låta....
    Jepp og kan gjerne ta med en dæsj av Airplay også.....

Denne utgivelsen passer meg utmerket.

E. Largo

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Disco Volante
    Torget vurderinger
    Litt ubestemmelig denne. Men den passer vel like godt inn her som noen annen plass.

FF8E25DF-2E0A-474B-92D5-37898F573678.jpeg

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    Jau, hvorfor ikke :)
    Mange elementer her som spiller på lag med tråden.

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn