Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Thierry Condor - So Close (Album Teaser)

Denne virker lovende.

Listen to the teaser snippets of each song of Thierry Condor's new album "So Close" - album available on iTunes, Amazon and CDBABY on 25 March 2016

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    Jeg er vel ikke den som først forbindes med yacht rock, men for meg er det syretesten om du faktisk skjønner musikk at du faktisk kan like det. Og det kan jeg, stikker derfor hodet innom denne tråden. Etter at jeg fikk Tidal opp å gå over CC Audio har jeg flere ganger på nattestid valgt meg denne, Michael Franks' Time Together. Skulle ikke forundre meg om jeg har plukket det albumet opp etter et tips fra herr Teinum, eller en av dere andre her på asylet en gang sist høst/vinter. Det er i alle fall da jeg har lagret det som favoritt i Tidal.

impulse

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hølen
    Om du liker Franks og liker skivene hans som nattmusikk, må du lytte på hans klassiske "Tiger in the rain" fra 1978, baluba. Sløyere sommermusikk til lyse kvelder finnes ikke!

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    Om du liker Franks og liker skivene hans som nattmusikk, må du lytte på hans klassiske "Tiger in the rain" fra 1978, baluba. Sløyere sommermusikk til lyse kvelder finnes ikke!
    Skal se om tigeren befinner seg på Tidal. Takk for tipset.

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    Skal se om tigeren befinner seg på Tidal. Takk for tipset.
    Og der var'n. Dægern, dette er smoooooth! O0

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    Herlig å høre mannstemme, som ikke er oppe i fistel hele tiden. Puh, takk.
    Bla. låta The Journey, fikk meg til å minnes noe James Ingram kunne begått.
    Eneste negative med denne skiva, er fakeblåsen....

impulse

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hølen

impulse

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hølen
    Apropos smooth og Michael Franks, jeg legger ut litt assortert musikk på torget i kveld. Det må tynnes ut litt i samlingen. Vintage Michael Franks, John Klemmer, Lincoln Mayorga, George Benson og litt til. På vinyl, selvsagt.

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Nathan East kommer snart med ny plate.

An exclusive behind the scenes look at Nathan East’s new single 'Lifecycle' from the upcoming new album, 'Reverence'!

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny utgivelse fra Andreas Aleman

... og denne fra september

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Her ramlet det inn en liten perle av en plate

Gardner & Fuller's Original Demos

Gardner & Fuller's Original Demos [#0007] by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Denne er begrenset til 1000 eksemplarer, og alle disse blir solgt. Jeg fikk nr. 7 :)

Gardner & Fuller - Original Demos feat. Warren Wiebe / contanteysonante

With Gardner & Fuller's Original Demos, listeners are invited to immerse themselves into the compositions and production of outstanding songs created by the songwriting team of Cecily Gardner & Scott Fuller, featuring the silky vocals of the late Warren Wiebe.

This special collection of Gardner & Fuller's original demos includes the songs Warren Wiebe contributed vocals to, as well as many other exceptional compositions from Cecily and Scott's impressive songwriting portfolio.

It's always fascinating when the songwriters are also the performers, as the listener is hearing the creation as close to the version that was conjured in the composer's minds. Cecily's splendid vocals along with Scott's superb keyboards, programming, arrangements and production make this release another treasured Contante & Sonante jewel to enjoy and infinitely revisit.

Released in a limited edition of only 1000 copies.

Mer her: https://www.youtube.com/user/contanteysonante/videos

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    LAVA S/T CD P011

Lava S/T by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Da var endelig første plata ute digitalt. NB! opplag på kun 500.

Finally on CD, remastered from the original mastertapes exclusively for Preservation Records. This is the first album released by Lava. Killer westcoast fusion jazz from the cream of session musicians. The release contains an unreleased alternative version of the track ‘Rustic’ + read the full story on how Lava was created by Svein Dag Hauge.
    • Remastered from orginal mastertapes
    • Jewelcase cover with printed booklet.
    • Exclusive, limited issue of this westcoast classic

Pre-order: Lava - ST CD P011 / preservationrecords

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Jay Graydon - AIRPLAY FOR THE PLANET - Remastered at 96k!

Kongestart på det nye året.

Ligger ute på bandcamp i 96/24bit utgave!

NB! det er en feil med alac-filene, de er kun i 48kHz oppløsning. Last ned WAV filene.

https://jaygraydon.bandcamp.com/album/jay-graydon-airplay-for-the-planet

Jay Graydon - Airplay For The Planet [2017] by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

AIRPLAY FOR THE PLANET - Remastered at 96k!

AIRPLAY FOR THE PLANET has been selling well and we are running out of stock so when almost out of stock, CD BABY requests more. That opened a can of worms since the program Kerstin used for the original artwork is out of date so she needed to start over using a new program. Since she needed to redo the artwork, I thought it would be a good idea to re-master the audio.

So I have remastered the album at 96k (more about that work below) and we have set up a Bandcamp page for Jay Graydon - AIRPLAY FOR THE PLANET - Remastered at 96k. Welcome to check it out!

When I first set up Pro Tools about 14 years ago I wanted to transfer all analog tapes to Pro Tools as to preserve. The problem with old analog tapes is they won't play as they become sticky as the chemicals used to make tape are part petroleum based. The solution is to have the tapes baked! At that point the tapes will play for about a month. I found all of the analog tapes I could find so after having the tapes baked, I transferred everything into Pro Tools at that time.

I typically recorded the transfers at 44.1k but in some cases, I also recorded at 96k. I asked Kerstin to find out if any company allows 96k audio files to be sold. One of her sons (Stefan) mentioned he uses BANDCAMP for his State Cows albums as they allow 96k files to download!

I thought the re-mastering gig would take a few days BUT it ended up taking 6 weeks, since I am a perfectionist. The concept was to "sculpt" the mastering by automating EQ to make sound as good as possible. I did my best to make the bass sound more "even" as well as bringing up the vocal level on a few songs via EQ, adding some sweet high end frequencies to "open up" some meaning to give it air. Some guitar solos and lines had a bit too much in the 2.5k area so I rode EQ in those spots.
    Keep in mind most of the songs were recorded on analogue 2" Scotch 996 tape (at 30 ips), which is the best sounding analog tape ever manufactured! The mixes were recorded on 1/2" Scotch 996 tape (at 30 ips),

Back to the re-mastering, I am just scratching the surface as to describing all of the automated EQ moves I did BUT I must say it was worth the hassle as the album sounds delicious! - Jay

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Preservation Records har gitt ut LAVAs rhythm of love

Fikk endelig sikret meg et fysisk kopi av denne. Denne har gått mange runder i min ungdom.

preservationrecords — Lava - Rhythm Of Love CD Album

Lava needs no introduction. Rhythm of Love is considered to be one of their best albums ever. The album stayed 6 weeks at the "VG lista" in Norway, 6th place. Eythor Gunnarsson from Mezzoforte was also featured as a keyboard player. Fantastic westcoast inspired pop. Highly recommended.
    Fiffig! Roon beregner Dynamic Range (Se nede til venstre DR9 for denne)

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 13.30.50.jpg

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Valeriy Stepanov har vært nevnt tidligere i tråden. Nå er han tilbake med sitt første solo-album. Litt Mezzoforte-sving over det hele

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS45G3M/ref=pe_2601820_236333270_em_lm

No matter how far away his musical kernel might be considered by the geographical standpoint. Lastly, the internet of things represents a fusion of the physical and digital, the real and virtual worlds. If an historical constant is to be defined in the relationship between Russia and the West, then it is the central role that the West, in all its many musical forms, plays in Russian view. Moscow based multi-instrumentalist Valeriy Stepanov is going West. With New Beginnings (2017) Stepanov installs a shining beacon of smooth jazz, a statement of creative presence. Valeriy Stepanov performs on this album piano, Rhodes, Clavinet, organ, synth bass, drums, lead & background vocals, Doumbek, Pimak, claps, keyboards, programming & editing. He is joined on selected tracks by Vsevolod Guzov (cello & djembe), U-Nam (guitar), Marion Meadows (soprano sax), Albert Stepanov (bass and violin), Andrey Chmut (soprano sax, alto sax) and Borisbob Akhmetov (guitar). What is a better starting idea than to infect people with your good mood? Valeriy takes it serious and offers with Happy People a fine bouquet of sparkling musical ideas to ease into your spring morning. This skillful effortlessness in the style of Brian Culbertson also plays a key role on Tonight featuring guitar hero U-Nam, who reinforces a groove attack that is cutting edge. Walk in the Park catches and radiates the atmosphere, the light and mood in a wonderful bustling piano execution. Andrey Chmut continues the joyous ride on soprano sax pushing the harmonic envelope to the next level. On Twilight Sky Valeriy reveals more of his expressive technical proficiency full of rare energy. Another approach, more romance! Look at the Stars with soprano saxophonist Marion Meadows and be enchanted. Alto sax player Andrey Chmut is more sassy on No Doubt Now and guitarist Borisbob Akhmetov is responding to the melodic flow. Snowbreeze is for all friends of the great L.A. synth sounds and crystal clear piano play. While Heartburn revives the groovy attitude of funkateers such as the GAP Band or Bootsy Collins. In Common hits the musical sweet spot of all romantics and those in love. When you see a butterfly in its flight, you discover the unexpected, the fluttering. Butterfly is the sonic equivalent with a strong musical character. With Half Moon Stepanov reinvents the word synth fusion. Powerful, fresh, genuine. The album contains two edit versions of Happy People and Tonight. Final tune and bonus track is the title Lyn. The original was created by the jazz bass maestro Abraham Laboriel Sr. as a tribute to his wife. The striking ardent love finds a righteous reincarnation in Stepanov's interpretation. Away from ordinary musical routine Valeriy Stepanov has created with New Beginnings a unique treasure of sonic vitality and diversity. A dark horse candidate for the best album of the year. --HBH -Smoothjazz.de
    Digitalt fra cdbaby: https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/valeriystepanov

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Contante & Sonante fortsetter med sin Original Demos-serie med Burt Bacharach & Tonio K

Burt Bacharach & Tonio K 'Original Demos' showcases the sublime work of legendary songwriter Burt Bacharach with his partner in crime, celebrated lyricist Tonio K.

Burt Bacharach is one of the most important and influential composers of the 20th century with a songbook that reads like a soundtrack of our lives with timeless melodies including "The Look Of Love," "Alfie," "A House Is Not A Home," "What's New Pussycat," "I Say A Little Prayer," "Wishin' And Hopin," "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" and a myriad of others.

Burt Bacharach & Tonio K 'Original Demos' presents a batch of great compositions co-written by Burt Bacharach and Tonio K, between 1995 and 2008. Although some of those songs were eventually recorded by important names, including Diane Schuur, Ron Isley, Randy Crawford and Dionne Warwick, the real treat is to listen to the original demos crafted by Mr. Bacharach and Señor K with the help of award-winning producers Stephan Oberhoff, Ted Perlman and Steve Deutsch.

Featured vocalists include Billy Valentine, John Pagano, Bill Champlin, Warren Wiebe, Donna Taylor, Brittney Bertier, Mimi Paley and Burt Bacharach himself.

Released in a limited edition of only 1000 copies.
    Burt Bacharach & Tonio K - Original Demos / contanteysonante

Bartesam

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hus
    Preservation Records har gitt ut LAVAs rhythm of love

Fikk endelig sikret meg et fysisk kopi av denne. Denne har gått mange runder i min ungdom.

preservationrecords — Lava - Rhythm Of Love CD Album

Lava needs no introduction. Rhythm of Love is considered to be one of their best albums ever. The album stayed 6 weeks at the "VG lista" in Norway, 6th place. Eythor Gunnarsson from Mezzoforte was also featured as a keyboard player. Fantastic westcoast inspired pop. Highly recommended.
    Fiffig! Roon beregner Dynamic Range (Se nede til venstre DR9 for denne)

Vis vedlegget 438529
    Har denne på LP. Meget bra den :)

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    I disse halvdeilige sommerdager så går det kjapt noen runder yachtrock over både hodetelefoner og høyttalere for meg. Den svale og smoothe sounden er jo perfekt som bakteppe til døsige dager. Da vil jeg minne på en av de originale yachtrockplatene fra den tiden genren ble formet. Sjarmerende og talentfulle Valerie Carter hadde mer enn god hjelp fra Little Feat med Lowell George i frontsetet. Og diverse andre celebriteter vi kan like, som Linda Ronstadt og Jackson Browne.

Jeg tror kanskje endel ikke helt oppfatter dette som klassisk yachtrock, for band som Little Feat og Crosby, Stills and Nash har liksom blitt unntatt fra genren selv om de deler mange fellestrekk. Og på debutalbumet til Valerie Carter er det ingen tvil om dette er yachtrock. Jeg vil forresten slå et slag for riktig staving av yachtrock. Selvfølgelig kan det særskrives som på engelsk, men det tar seg aldri bra ut i norsk kontekst. Og så har vi feigingvarianten, som vi journalister som stammer fra strenge språkregimer (ja, slike finnes fortsatt i noen medier som har råd til slikt) kaller bindestreken. Det kalles å være feig fordi den puttes inn i lange sammensatte ord når vi er redd for at de blir kronglete å lese og for mange bokstaver.

Derfor er bindestreken en nødløsning. Grammatisk riktig, men ikke like bra som ekte sammensatte ord. Og et så enkelt og kort ord som yachtrock er altfor kort til å tøye med bindestreker. Det er dessuten et estetisk pent ord som fortjener å staves slik for å forskjønne teksten den står i kontekst med. Ordet YACHTROCK FTW, altså. Dere kjenner helt sikker Valerie fra før, men det skader ikke med en bitteliten video.

Finnes garantert på din favoritt strømmetjeneste.

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    THE STEELY DAN SESSIONS: INTERPRETATIONS OF UNREALIZED CLASSICS

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 16.39.20.jpg

While Anthony Robustelli's live shows have always included innovative takes on countless covers songs alongside his originals, he had only recorded one cover song, Elvis Costello's "Watching the Detectives," until now. After releasing his book, The Steely Dan FAQ: All That's Left To Know About This Elusive Band, he decided that a musical companion was in order, so he set about doing just that. Over the years Walter Becker and Donald Fagen wrote dozens of songs that were never released. Available to fans only on bootlegs were tales of deception, lust, and greed told only as the duo could, but these recordings were often lo-fi piano and vocal demos or unfinished band attempts at the material with skeletal arrangements. For The Steely Dan Sessions: Interpretations of Unrealized Classics Robustelli dusted off ten of these diamonds in the rough and produced an album that could share shelf space with the Dan's catalog of nine albums. He fleshed out new arrangements and for certain songs added musical interludes, and in one case an additional verse, where need be in order to finish compositions that hadn't been touched in decades. Robustelli's original music has often been compared to the band that greatly influenced him as a songwriter, musician, and producer, so Becker and Fagen's unrealized classics are definitely in good hands.

https://www.anthonyrobustelli.com/discography

https://tidal.com/album/76999037

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    Takk for det tipset, Morten. Fant den kjapt på Tidal, så den skal snurre så snart den som står på akkurat nå er ferdig. :)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Da blir det paraplydrink på senhøsten

Denne er på vei

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.46.49.jpg

Note: Ships in August/september 2017

Artist: Marcos Valle
    Title: Same Title
    Format: Vinyl (coloured)

This is a dream come true for Preservation Records. We never thought that we would re-release, for the first time on vinyl, his masterpiece from 1983. Killer production, performed by musicians like Marcos Valle, Paulo Sérgio Valle (brother of Marcos Valle), Robson Jorge & Lincoln Olivetti, Picolé, Serginho Trombone (Dom Salvador & Abolição) Oberdan (Banda Black Rio), Max Pierre, Peninha, among others. You get classic rio boogie, modern soul and smooth breezy pop from Marcos who really reinvented himself in the 80’s.

We’re telling the whole story behind the release in a nice 8 page booklet in the vinyl release. We haven’t saved much on this release , high quality cardboard cover, heavy vinyl. A true collectors item.
    preservationrecords — Pre-order: Marcos Valle - Same Title - Limited pre order colored Vinyl Release P017

Tidal: https://tidal.com/album/10138763

Sist redigert:

Harald HM

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Bardufoss
    Torget vurderinger
    Denne har vel fått en del kritikk, som en del andre Steely Dan-album.

IMG_0716.JPG

Sjøl har jeg ikke spilt denne siden 90-tallet.

Når jeg nå fikk den på P3-en var det en helt annen verden. Aldri hørt makan.

Gromlyd:cool:

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny utgivelse på Contante y Sonante

Tomi Malm - Walkin' On Air (2017)

Tomi Malm hails from Finland and has been a respected figure for the past twenty-plus years on the North-European music scene. Malm works as a composer, arranger, orchestrator and producer on a multitude of successful records, TV themes and multimedia scores. In 2009, Malm rose to international attention with the now-classic release of Fly Away: The Songs Of David Foster, also on the Contante & Sonante label. Malm arranged and produced a number of David Foster's classics on Fly Away. Malm showed such creativity and freshness on these recordings that he gained high praise and blessings from “The Hitman” David Foster himself. That project took the West Coast/quality pop music scene by storm, and in the past few years it has become a landmark for musicians and fans of the genre on every corner of the planet.

Today, Tomi Malm returns with Walkin’ On Air, his debut solo album, another stunning ride on pop music's most elegant grooves. On this collection of winning tracks, the Finnish wizard wrote or co-wrote all but two of the songs. The track list presents a variety of styles, from jazz-infused pop gems to refined ballads, smooth funky jams and pristine fusion instrumentals.

Featuring an extraordinary cast of world-class vocalists, including Jason Scheff, Clif Magness, Jeff Pescetto, Warren Wiebe, ZoSia, Frank Adahl, Julian Thomas, Jerry Lopez, Shem von Schroeck and Ashton Moran, Malm's inventive arrangements and top-notch production are brought to life thanks to the usual ace session roster that includes legends such as Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Zappa, Herbie Hancock), John “JR” Robinson (Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Quincy Jones) and Simon Phillips (Toto, The Corrs, Peter Gabriel) on drums, Dan Warner (Madonna, Timbaland, Barry Gibb) and James Harrah (Aaron Neville, Herbie Hancock, Chris Botti) on guitars, Neil Stubenhaus (Roberta Flack, Joe Cocker, Michael McDonald) and Alex Al (Michael Jackson, Al Jarreau, George Duke) on bass, Robbie Buchanan (Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Chaka Khan) on keyboards plus Luis Conte (James Taylor, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton) on percussion. The horn department is also stellar, with aces like Eric Marienthal (Chick Corea, Barbra Streisand, Elton John) and Brandon Fields (Tower of Power, The Rippingtons, George Benson) on sax, and a guest appearance from the smoking Santa Fe & The Fat City Horns.

It's here! Fasten your seatbelt while you get lost in Tomi Malm’s spectacular world of music!
    Tomi Malm - Walkin' On Air / contanteysonante

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    "Listen Up, Loyal JaR Fans!!

We are nearing completion of our new JaR project titled, CODE.
    As a gift of appreciation to you for your loyal support and patience we offer you this Sneak Preview release of the title track.
    We promise you that the new album will full of surprises and, as we say, it'll be Very, Very, JaR…..
    Enjoy…." - Jay and Randy (JaR)

https://youtu.be/WriXR_2BMf4?t=1m45s

JarZone. Intro. Jay Graydon and Randy Goodrum are JaR.

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn