Teknikk, vitenskap, luft- og romfart.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Med blandete følelser men regner med st dette er «all over the place» i løpet at dagen uansett. Video av styrten fra overvåkningskameraer på slutten av videoen.

Flyet som styrtet i San Diego i går.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Dagens lille,,,,,

Cessna Skylane Crashes into General Aviation Parking at Sedona Airport

On April 25, 2021, at 0806 hours Mountain Standard Time, a Cessna 182J Skylane airplane, registration N288GF, lost control and crashed into the general aviation parking area at Sedona Airport in Yavapai County, Arizona. The pilot and two passengers received minor injuries and the airplane was substantially damaged — along were parked aircraft and a fuel truck. As seen in this footage, the accident aircraft narrowly missed striking bystanders. The single-engine fixed-wing aircraft was registered to Mike Bishop out of Rifle, Colorado.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
MiG-3 - The Soviet Fighter Few Could Tame

The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-3 was a controversial Second World War Soviet fighter. Some loved it, some hated it. Join us for a look at this very symbolic fighter.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Will axial flux motor technology dominate the future?

What advantages would the implementation of a Magnax motor bring to electric vehicles? At Motor Summit 2020 (https://motorsummit.ch) Daan Moreels zoomed in on the difference between traditional motors and yokeless axial flux motors and explained how to combine this motor with powertrains.

Some key takeaways:
- Short axial length makes it compact
- Cost-effectiveness due to lower amount of copper and magnets
- Reduced iron losses increase vehicle range

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
En fyr jeg kjenner er en Die-Hard Shuttle fan og overvar alle Shuttle oppskytinger. Ved en anledning fikk han "prøvefly" simulatoren. Ferga var naturlig ustabil som pokker uten datamaskiner til å holde styr på den. Flug Revue var også i denne simulatoren og fikk prøve å manøvrere den uten støtte av datamaskinene. Reporteren beskrev det som å balansere på toppen av en tykkmaget tretønne.

Let the nonsense begin. Regner med at svadaen når all time high.

Touchdown!
The orbiter's main landing gear touches down on the runway at 214 to 226 miles per hour, followed by the nose gear. The drag chute is deployed, and the orbiter coasts to a stop.

Spesifikasjoner:

Fysisk sammenlignbar med en DC 9 (kilde Flug Revue) men åpenbart en del tyngre.

Take off vekt hele sulamitten: 2050 tonn. (Flug Revue) Saturn rakettene (måneferdene) hadde en take off vekt på 3000 tonn.

NEVER BEFORE SEEN Space Shuttle Near Crash Landing

The Space Shuttle lands at Edwards AFB years ago in this rare footage of it nearly crashing upon landing during test flights. The government and NASA have hidden the footage for years until it was unofficially released via unknown sources.

Before Space Shuttle Columbia could fly to space they needed to know that it would fly like a glider so that it could be landed. Learning how to fly was the primary mission of Enterprise, the first space shuttle which was unveiled in 1976 and named after the fictional Starship Enterprise (which was itself named after the real USS Enterprise.....). There were years of modelling, testing in wind tunnels and development of the design, but it would take full scale tests to demonstrate that the Shuttle could really fly like a glider. The Approach and Landing tests confirmed the predictions of the models and demonstrated the software for the flight control system was robust enough to commit to Columbia's orbital flight.

Sist redigert:

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Expedition 65 Soyuz MS 19 Launch - October 5, 2021

Fantastiske bilder fra take-off til orbit

RUSSIAN ACTRESS, PRODUCER LAUNCH ON SOYUZ TO THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION Russian actress Yulia Peresild, Russian producer Klim Shipenko and veteran Russian cosmonaut Anton Shkaplerov of Roscosmos launched Oct. 5 on the Soyuz MS-19 spacecraft from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on a fast-track, two-orbit journey to the International Space Station. Peresild and Shipenko will be filming scenes for a movie while on board the outpost under a commercial agreement with Roscosmos. They will return to Earth Oct. 17 with station Flight Engineer Oleg Novitskiy while Shkaplerov remains on the complex through March 2022.

Sist redigert:

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Spaceflight Abort Systems Explained

The time between ignition and final stage separation is the most dangerous part of a spaceflight. Surely there would be systems in place to save the crew in the event of emergency? Right?

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Why Embraer’s New Turboprop Has Its Engines At The Back

Hydrogen ja.. det er D som gjelder...

In August, Embraer released its latest iteration of its highly anticipated new turboprop product. Set to be officially launched at some point next year (complete with a name), there is a targeted entry into service date of 2027.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Kinas andre bemannede romferd i gang – vil slå rekord
Kinesiske astronauter har gjennomført en vellykket oppskytning til den kinesiske romstasjonen Tiangong. Dette er Kinas andre bemannede romferd.
Raketten ble skutt opp fra et oppskytingsfelt i Gobiørkenen natt til lørdag lokal tid.
Astronautenes mål er å sette ny rekord for Kinas romfartsprogram CMS ved å tilbringe seks måneder i verdensrommet på romstasjonen, som Kina er i ferd med å bygge. Den skal være ferdig i 2022. Forrige rekord er på tre måneder.
– Romstasjonen kan bli en plattform for internasjonalt samarbeid, inkludert felles romfart, etter at den står ferdig neste år, sier visedirektør for Kinas romfartsprogram, Lin Xiqiang.
Astronauter fra 15 land har vært om bord på den internasjonale romstasjonen (ISS), men ingen kinesiske astronauter. Årsaken var amerikansk opposisjon som argumenterte med hensyn til nasjonal sikkerhet.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Boeing Chief Test Pilot Could Face Up To 200 Years In Prison - Boeing Finds More 787 Defects

News Update: US Attorney indicts Former Boeing Test Pilot and Boeing finds more aluminum defects in the 787 Dreamliner.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
The Best American Plane to Never Fight - XB-51

The Martin XB-51 was a colossal bomber aircraft built in the late 1940s that exceeded all expectations and was probably the finest bomber that never went to battle. Not to be confused with the B-52, one of the most famous aircraft of all time, the B-51's lifespan was too brief to be awarded an official nickname. Still, its unusually prolonged shape granted it the moniker of "The Flying Cigar." Faster than almost any fighter of its time, military experts believe the Martin XB-51 could have made a substantial difference in the Southeast Asian wars, but it was never produced.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
787 mangler og feil i ferd med å bli rettet....

787 Defects Getting Repaired Quickly As The Dreamliner Edges Closer To Resuming Deliveries.

WayAhead

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sky No Limit....
Torget vurderinger
Light my Fire…..

Topp Bunn