Bil, båt og motorsykkel Morrobil tråden.

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• coolbiz

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Sydvestlandet
    Torget vurderinger
    Bloodhound LSR er et prosjekt som har som mål å bryte den 20 år gamle hastighetsrekorden på 1228 km/h. I dag fullførte de en testkjøring i en ørken i Sør-Afrika der de oppnådde 1010 km/t.

Kanskje ikke så spennende å se på, men tallene er imponerende. Doningen drives av en kombinasjon av en konvensjonell jetmotor og en norskprodusert Nammo rakettmotor. Når man ser at drivstoffpumpen drives av en kompressormatet Jaguar V8-motor, skjønner man at dette er heftige saker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodhound_LSR

Propulsion
    A prototype Eurojet EJ200 jet engine developed for the Eurofighter and bound for a museum, was donated to the project. This would take the car to 300 mph (480 km/h), after which a bespoke hybrid rocket designed by Nammo would boost the car up to 1,000 miles per hour (1,609 km/h). A third engine, a Jaguar supercharged V-8, was to be used as an auxiliary power unit and to drive the oxidiser pump for the rocket.[24]

The cockpit exterior
    Development testing of the initial Bloodhound SSC hybrid rocket motor was conducted by Daniel Jubb[25] of The Falcon Project with tests conducted in 2008–2013. Publicly disclosed tests were conducted in 2009[26] and 2012[27][28] including a run at Newquay Airport in GB.[29] In addition Daniel Jubb[30] designed, manufactured and test fired a full diameter 18" monopropellant HTP thruster[31] for the subsonic ground tests for Bloodhound SSC. "The Bloodhound team had been developing its own hybrid power unit in collaboration with Manchester based Falcon Project Ltd, and gave this rocket its first UK test firing in October 2012. And although this demonstration was deemed a success at the time, it became clear that considerable sums of money and time would be needed to perfect the design." "Nammo will have test firings next year in Raufoss and when we get the data off those we can decide on precisely what the packaging requirements will be," said Mr Chapman, Bloodhound's chief engineer[32]

The Nammo hybrid rocket was to be fuelled by solid hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene and liquid high-test peroxide oxidiser.

In order to accelerate the car to 800 mph, the monopropellant rocket would produce around 40 kN (8992 lbf) of thrust and the EJ200 jet engine make 90 kN (20,232 lbf) in reheat. For the 1,000 mph runs, the Nammo hybrid rockets would provide a thrust of 123.75 kN (27,820 lbf), generating about 212 kN (47,659 lbf) in total.[33]

Bloodhound LSR Cockpit
    Wheels
    The four 36-inch (910 mm) diameter wheels would rotate at up to 10,200 rpm and be forged from an aluminium zinc alloy[34] to resist the 50000 g centrifugal forces.[35]

Fra prøvekjøring av rakettmotoren på Raufoss:

Chris Harris besøkte prosjektet i 2015 (ja, de har holdt på en stund...)

• Liker
    Reaksjoner: SAL

Spiralis

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Hatt min ganske lenge og det har enda ikke vært et eneste problem med den annet enn vanlig vedlikehold og ting man bør forvente på en gammel bil. Vil påstå at ryktene om dårlig kvalitet er veeldig sterkt overdrevet.

Range Rover out of trouble.jpg Range Rover in snow.jpg

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn