Gitarister sa du..?

K

Kaare G. Opsahl

Gjest
Super skrev:
Tom Morello & Bruce Springsteen.

Legg merke til Morellos fotarbeid 7:24 ut i videoen. 8)

Tom Morello er på pallen i min bok!

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Stanley Jordan - playing Mozart's Piano Concerto #21.

(Stanley Jordan (July 31, 1959) is an American jazz/jazz fusion guitarist and pianist, best known for his development of the tapping technique for the guitar.

He was born in Chicago, Illinois, and he received a BA in digital music composition from Princeton University in 1981, studying under computer-music composers Paul Lansky and Milton Babbitt. Stanley Jordan began his music career at age six, studying piano, then shifted his focus to guitar at age eleven)

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Albert Lee. Crossroads 2007

Hvem sier country-rock ikke kan være kult?! 8)

(He grew up in Blackheath, London. His father was a musician, and Albert studied piano, taking up the instrument at age seven.[1] During this time, he became a fan of Buddy Holly and Jerry Lee Lewis. He took up guitar in 1958 when his parents bought him a second-hand Höfner President which he later traded in for a Czechoslovakian Grazioso, the forerunner of the Futurama. Albert left school at the age of 16 to play full-time.)

Brasse

Hi-Fi freak
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Billy Corgan har alltid vore ein kul gitarist.

Har ikkje mykje til overs for runkepapser med band som kulisser.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Antonio Forcione 'Acoustic Revenge'

(Antonio Forcione (born 1960) is an Italian guitarist, composer and performer. He possesses a virtuoso technique displayed on stage with accomplished showmanship, often including comic elements.)

Bjørn.H

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Torget vurderinger

Nils Lofgren og en klassiker: Keith Don't Go -unplugged. Forsåvidt også en mye brukt demo-låt. Bra saker.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Michael Hedges. (December 31, 1953 – December 2, 1997) Amerikansk akustisk gitarist/singer-songwriter

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Allan Holdsworth (født 6. august 1946) er en britisk jazzgitarist som er kjent for komplekse komposisjoner.

Inspirasjonskilde for gitarister som Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, og til og med Frank Zappa.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Vinnie Moore. Gitarhelt ut av Mike Varneys 1980tallets
Shrapnel reccords.

Enda en gitarist inspirert av Al DiMeola og Allan Holdsworth b.l.a.
DiMeolas picking-teknikk.

(Vinnie Moore (April 14, 1964, New Castle, Delaware) is a guitarist and a member of the English hard rock band UFO. Along with Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine, and others, Moore is known as one of the most influential guitarists to emerge out of the shredder boom in the mid 1980s)

amiga

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Her er noen jeg føler er glamt. Samspillet deres har alltid gitt meg ett smil om munnen :)

Valentino

JB rünnhilde
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Ottestad
Torget vurderinger
Keith Richards på spansk gitar. Ikke flinkt. Musikalsk.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Robert Normann - Robert Uno Normann (født 27. juni 1916 i Sarpsborg, død 20. mai 1998) var norsk gitarist, og som regnes som en av jazzgitarens pionerer.

Normanns spillestil kan forlede noen til å tro at Django Reinhardt var inspirator, men etter eget utsagn lyttet han aldri til innspillingene med den franske gitaristen, men til amerikanske musikere som Teddy Wilson og Leon Chu Berry, samt diverse trekkspillere. Fra 1955 var han mindre aktiv i jazzsammenheng, blant annet pga betydelige alkoholproblemer.

(Normann var selvlært utøver på trekkspill og tenorsaksofon, men etter hvert med gitar som hovedinstrument. Han var en av swingepokens mest ettertraktede solister i Norge, og også en pioner på elektrisk gitar. Sin første el-gitar satte han istand allerede i 1939 ved å konstruere en pickup av koppertråd, magneter og bek, stjålet fra offentlige telefoner)

Brasse

Hi-Fi freak
Ble medlem
Antall liker
[youtube=650,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CNJ0txKXSo[/video]

Les Paul må med! Elsker lyden av gitaren. Mykje han har gjort med Mary Ford er fint.

BanjoArrne

Hi-Fi freak
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Jerry Douglas

American record producer and resonator guitar player. Called "Dobro's matchless contemporary master," by The New York Times, and lauded as "my favorite musician" by John Fogerty, Douglas is one of the world’s most renowned Dobro players.

Dazed

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sarpsborg
Torget vurderinger
I tråder som denne klager folk ofte på shredders og teknisk dyktige gitarister som ikke spiller med nok følelse og "sjel". Vel, denne videoen fra Youtube har for meg stått som det beste eksempelet på å spille fra hjertet siden jeg så den med klump i halsen for rundt et år siden.

Denne fyren, Duey Moore, er helt ukjent (Eller var det i alle fall, før denne videoen), og spiller Pink Floyds (Vel, egentlig David Gilmour's) "On The Turning Away" til ære for søsteren sin som døde i en ulykke noen timer før.

NSFW, hvis du ikke synes det er OK at kollegene ser du sitter og griner på jobb. ;)

Poirot

Hi-Fi freak
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Justo Fernández "El Tuto".

Herlig å høre hvordan flamenco gitarister angriper
strengene - herlig snert, punch og attack man ikke finner hos klasisk skolerte gitarister.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Scott Henderson (born August 26, 1954) is a fusion and blues guitarist best known for his work with the band Tribal Tech.

Born in West Palm Beach, Florida, Henderson began playing guitar at an early age. His formative musical years were spent listening to rock, blues, funk and soul, while his interest in jazz developed later on, thanks to the music of John Coltrane, Miles Davis and others. He still professes to being a blues player at heart.

After graduating from Florida Atlantic University, Henderson moved to Los Angeles and began his career in earnest, playing and recording with violinist Jean-Luc Ponty, bassist Jeff Berlin and "Players", and Weather Report's Joe Zawinul. Henderson first began receiving serious attention as the original guitarist for the Chick Corea Elektric Band. But he stayed only six months with Corea and left after some major clash, with amongst other reasons, Chick's scientological beliefs.

Henderson formed Tribal Tech with bass player Gary Willis in 1984. Under the direction of Henderson and Willis, Tribal Tech became one of the most highly-regarded fusion bands of the 1990s. He toured and recorded with the band up until their dissolution following the 2000 album Rocket Science, and during that time brought himself to the forefront of modern jazz/fusion guitar playing. In 1991 he was named '#1 Jazz Guitarist' by Guitar World magazine, and in January 1992 he was voted best jazz guitarist in Guitar Player magazine's Annual Reader's Poll.

Sluket

Sivilaudiofil og Master Baiter
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Torget vurderinger
Henderson kcks ass - big time! Sjekk allle Tribal Tech utgivelser, VitalTechTones etc. RÅ mann.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Nguyên Lê (b. Paris, France, 14 January 1959) is a French jazz musician and composer of Vietnamese ancestry. His main instrument is guitar, and he also plays electric bass guitar and guitar synthesizer.

He has released numerous albums, both as a leader and as a sideman. His 1996 album Tales from Viêt-Nam blends jazz and traditional Vietnamese music. Nguyên Lê has performed with Randy Brecker, Vince Mendoza, Eric Vloeimans, Carla Bley, Michel Portal, and Dhafer Youssef.

In spring 2011 he released Songs of Freedom, an album with cover versions of pop hits from the 70’s.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
John Scofield
(born December 26, 1951 in Dayton, Ohio),[1] often referred to as "Sco," is an American jazz guitarist and composer, who has played and collaborated with Miles Davis, Dave Liebman, Joe Henderson, Charles Mingus, Joey Defrancesco, Herbie Hancock, Pat Metheny, Bill Frisell, Pat Martino, Mavis Staples, Phil Lesh, Billy Cobham, Medeski Martin & Wood, George Duke, Jaco Pastorius, John Mayer, [2] and many other well known artists. At ease in the bebop idiom, Scofield is also well versed in jazz fusion, funk, blues, soul, and other forms of modern American music.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Mack "Captain Fingers" Ritenour
(born January 11, 1952) is an American jazz guitarist, recording artist, composer and producer. He began his career at the age of 16 and has appeared on over 3000 sessions, recorded over 42 albums, and has charted over 30 instrumental and vocal contemporary jazz hits since 1976.[2] One of his most popular songs was the smash hit, “Is It You” in 1981. Ritenour is considered to be a pioneer in the Contemporary Jazz and jazz-funk genres of music.[citation needed]. Guitar Player Magazine awarded him with a Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2010. His highly acclaimed and popular 2010 hit album “Lee Ritenour's 6 String Theory” had numerous awards in 2011 including, Guitar Album of the Year – Guitar International Magazine. UK’s Guitarist Magazine: The #1 Best 50 Guitar Albums of 2010. JAZZIZ Magazine Publisher’s Album of the Year. Top Albums of 2010 from Canada’s “The Guardian”. Lee was awarded at the 2011 Echo Awards in Germany (the German Grammy awards) for Best International Instrumentalist (Guitar) in conjunction with the album, "6 String Theory")

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
soundscape:Svar #22 Lagt ut: april 21, 2011, 13:26:21 Jeff Beck!

George Lynch (born September 28, 1954) is a hard rock/heavy metal guitarist best known as a member of the band Dokken, his own bands Lynch Mob and Souls of We.

En av 80tallets gitarhelter:
(Kjent for sin noe uvnlige jack-off-trademark-sliding-teknikk, hvilket gitarist Warren DeMartini (ratt) hevder han stjal ffra ham. :p

Husker jeg leste i guitar player en evighet siden - om hvor nervøs Hr.Lynch var
da han skulle i studio og spille for G.I.T (guitar institute of tech) i L.A` gitar guruer Paul Gilbert og Tony McAlpine på McAlpines solo skive. Kankje ikke så rart - også med tanke på at Lynch ikke leser noter om så livet sto på spill - imotsetning til nevnte McAlpine og Gilbert.)

Lynch was born in Spokane, Washington and raised in the small town of Auburn, California. Great White guitarist Mark Kendall claims George started two hand tapping before Eddie Van Halen did.[1] George Lynch Interview] Twice Lynch auditioned for the position of Ozzy Osbourne's lead guitarist, once in 1979 – losing to Randy Rhoads – and another time in 1982 to replace Brad Gillis. According to Lynch, he was hired for three days before Ozzy changed his mind and decided to go with Jake E. Lee. Lee, however claims that Lynch "got the gig, but only went on the road for two weeks to watch the show, and never actually played with Ozzy." Lynch looks back on the situation positively though; he has said "I won the consolation prize. Randy got to tour with Ozzy...and I got to teach at his mom's school." Lynch played in a late-'70's band called The Boyz, working the Sunset Strip clubs in L.A., along side some of their contemporaries like Van Halen and Quiet Riot. The Boyz were to play a showcase for Gene Simmons of Kiss and his startup label, Simmons Records. Van Halen opened the show and Gene opted not to stay and see The Boyz.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Hear `N Aid.
Her er mye å trekke på smilebåndet for! ;D

Itillegg demo av Lynch` jack off teknikk - Brad Gillis posing - Malmsteens uanstrengte
teknikk - enkelte mener medfører manglende rytmikk.
Who cares! Its all good! 8)

Dazed

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sarpsborg
Torget vurderinger
Audiotroll skrev:
Lynch` jack off teknikk
Riktignok har jeg hørt om gitaronani, men kanskje du mener (hammer-on and) pull-off teknikk? ;) AKA "tapping".

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Du er tydeligvis confused Dazed!
Hammer-ons og pull-offs "AKA tapping" er da intet spesiellt -
selv ikke tapping from out of nowhere med 8 - fingre er spesiellt i disse dager.
Hvilket krediteres Eddie Van Halen forøvrig. Likevel B.S IMO.

Jack-off er en egen vibrato/sliding-teknikk!

Muligens mye gitar-onani på 80-tallet ja - likevel presterer Hr.Lynch en egen sound!
Hvilket han skal ha cred for!

Edit:
He does a funky vibrato that he calls his "jack off" vibrato, because it looks like he's jacking off the guitar. Ex. the note is an E on the g string (9th fret), move your hand in a fast slide between the 7 fret and the 11th fret to make the vibrato.

Så til en av storhetene:

Riley B. King, mest kjent som B.B. King, (født 16. september 1925 i Itta Bena, Mississippi, USA) er en amerikansk bluesmusiker, gitarist,låtskriver og plateprodusent. Ifølge popmagasinet Rolling Stone er han den største nålevende gitarist og den tredje største noensinne - etter Jimi Hendrix og Duane Allman. Han har fått en stjerne på Hollywood Walk of Fame, og han ble i 1987 innvotert i Rockens æresgalleri..

I 1949 begynte King å spille inn musikk da han fikk platekontrakt med det Los Angeles-baserte plateselskapet RPM Records. Mange av Kings tidlige innspillinger var produsert av Sam Phillips, som senere grunnla Sun Records. Han ble kalt «Beale Street Blues Boy», som senere ble forkortet til B.B.

B.B. King has such a unique playing style that he inspired many guitarists like Eric Claption, Keith Richards, George Harrison and Jeff Beck. B.B. King uses lefthand vibrato and has beautiful string bends. This didn't happen over night. This took a lot of practice and hard work. B.B. King started this process at the age of 14. He was always dedicated to playing on his beloved guitar Lucille. He never gave up.

Dazed

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Sarpsborg
Torget vurderinger
Audiotroll skrev:
Du er tydeligvis confused Dazed!
Intet nytt under solen, altså. ;)

Audiotroll skrev:
Hammer-ons og pull-offs er da intet spesiellt -
selv ikke tapping from out of nowhere med 8 -fingre er spesiellt i disse dager.
Det sa jeg vel strengt tatt ikke heller.

Audiotroll skrev:
Jack-off er en egen sliding-teknikk!
Javel. Det var vel det jeg egentlig lurte på, eller om du blandet to begreper som liknet (jack off og pull-off).

Audiotroll skrev:
Muligens mye gitar-onani på 80-tallet ja - likevel presterer Hr.Lynch en egen sound!
Hvilket han skal ha cred for!]
Den gangen fikk mainstream-bandene (hardrock) cred pga. ferdigheter på instrumentene sine. Personlig vil jeg gjerne tilbake dit.

Audiotroll

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Richard Hugh "Ritchie" Blackmore (born 14 April 1945) is an English rock guitarist who is an American resident, known for his work in Deep Purple. During his career Blackmore fronted his own band, Rainbow. In the late 1990s he retired from hard rock for good, to start concentrating on the Renaissance-themed folk rock project Blackmore's Night, which featured his partner Candice Night on vocals.

He joined minor local bands from 1960 or 1961.[2] His playing improved and in 1963 he started out as a session player for Joe Meek's music productions and performed in several bands. He was a member of the instrumental combo, The Outlaws, and backed Heinz (playing on his top ten hit "Just Like Eddie"), Screaming Lord Sutch, Glenda Collins and Neil Christian among others. While working for Joe Meek, he got to know engineer Derek Lawrence, who would later produce Deep Purple's first three albums.

Yngwie Johann Malmsteen (English pronunciation: /???ve? ?m??lmsti?n/ ING-vay MAHLM-steen; born June 30, 1963) is a Swedish guitarist, composer, multi-instrumentalist and bandleader. Malmsteen became known for his neo-classical playing approach in heavy metal music which became a new musical style in the early 1980s. He is considered by many to be one of the most technically gifted rock guitarists of all time and is considered to be a pioneer of shred guitar

Malmsteen was born Lars Johan Yngve Lannerbäck in Stockholm, Sweden, as the third child of a musically-inclined family.[6] At age seven, he saw a television news report on the death of Jimi Hendrix, an event which had a profound impact on his musical path. To quote his official website, "The day Jimi Hendrix died, the guitar-playing Yngwie was born.".[7] At the age of 10 he took his mother's maiden name Malmsten as his surname, slightly changed it to Malmsteen, and Anglicised his given name Yngve to "Yngwie". Yngwie also created his first band "Track On Earth" at the age of 10, consisting of himself and a friend from school on drums (Armin). Malmsteen was a teenager when he first encountered the music of the 19th century violin virtuoso Niccolò Paganini, whom he cites as his biggest classical music influence. Ritchie Blackmore and Uli Jon Roth are also cited as being significant influences. He played featuring Denim And Leather song with Saxon during The Eagle Has Landed part II tour.

Jason Eli Becker

(born July 22, 1969) is an American neo-classical metal guitarist and composer. At the age of 16, he became part of the Mike Varney-produced duo Cacophony with his friend Marty Friedman. They released Speed Metal Symphony in 1987 and Go Off! in 1988. Cacophony broke up in 1989 and Becker began doing solo work, having released his first album Perpetual Burn in 1988. He later joined David Lee Roth's band and recorded one album with him. However, Becker's success was hampered by his then-diagnosed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and was given three to five years to live. In 1996, Becker eventually lost the ability to speak and now communicates with his eyes via a system developed by his father. Despite his disability, he continues composing by using a computer and has since released Collection, a "best of" album of his favourite songs and 3 new songs

ottone

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Stavanger
Torget vurderinger
Snakker vi gitarhelter?

I så fall løfter vi fram Duane Allman

Topp Bunn