Antall liker
    Genesis høytalere

Et skikkelig "roterom"

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Fra Audio Limits sitt Hifi Show

This was the kahuna system of the showing. It featured the YG acoustics Anat Reference II loudspeakers ($106,000), FM Acoustics 1811MKII solid state stereo amplifier ($125,000), FM Acoustics FM245 preamp ($28,000), Weiss Jason CD Transport ($19,600), Weiss Media DAC ($16,900) and the Montegiro Lusso turntable ($58,763 for the entire setup with Koetsu Tiger Eye cartridge), and FM Acoustics FM122 MKII Linearizer (read phono stage). This last piece is an interesting item. It features a unique, continuously variable de-emphasis control which allows correct replay curves of any record ever issued, all changeable on the fly. A grand total in excess of $370,000 when you throw in cables, power conditioners etc.

The YG acoustic speakers are marketed as the best speaker in the world. The brash and sometimes off putting Yoav Geva has no problem telling any and everybody that his speakers are the best in the world, period. While I am not sure they are the best in the world, since I have not listened to every speaker in the world there is no denying that they are very special indeed.

The Montegiro is a very remarkable turntable and the DaVinci tonearm is a thing of beauty. I have lived with this particular table for an extended period of time and it is on par with anything I have heard in terms of a turntable. Mated with the Koetsu Tiger Eye cartridge it seemed to rule the show.

The FM Acoustics amp is a very special piece of equipment to be sure. From their web page is the following statement:

“Printed words cannot do justice to these products as they cannot transmit the exhilarating experience of recording and recreating musical events with an FM ACOUSTICS.

The information on these pages, therefore, is of general nature to allow some insight in the philosophy, the technology, applications and results. But only when actually hearing an FM ACOUSTICS will you capture the full meaning of all these words.”

Truer words have never been spoken. At 1000 watts per channel into 8 ohms (yes that is ONE THOUSAND) there is power to light a small city! As a side note I was impressed with how cool it actually ran.

This system was one of the top five I have ever heard. The soundstage was amazing not only in width but also in depth! It was lightening fast in the transients, had incredible bass that not only went down to 20Hz but did it with absolute control and musicality! The highs were razor sharp without being shrill and the midrange was like creamy butter. The air around each of the instruments was palpable. I would have sworn that there were some 300B tubes in the system. On Bela Fleck’s “Flight of the Cosmic Hippo and Nils Lofgren’s “Keith Don’t Go” the bass was simply phenomenal. With Eva Cassidy’s “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” her vocals were some of the finest I have ever heard and the immediacy and strength were almost overwhelming. Her delivery just shot straight through my soul and brought tears to my eyes! I could not find one thing to criticize in this system. I am at a loss for the right words to describe this kind of sound. Is it the best system in the world as YG would have you believe? No. I have heard some as good and even slightly better, but very few.

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker

Dette er pr idag en av verdens beste preamper, jeg har testet den mot omtrent alt av preamper på markedet.

Har testet Soulution 720, Boulder 2010, Gryphon Mirage, Mcintosh C1000P, Burmester 077, Dartzeel 18NS, Goldmund 24, Krell Evo Two, Accuphase 2810, Sovereign Director, Spectral 30SS, Tidal Preos, Vitus SL-101, Wavac T1, BALabo, Behold APU, Delta Sigma NP og ingen av disse er på det nivået som 268 ligger på.

Neste som skal testes ut er Zero fra Technical Brain og ARC Ref 5 (etter 600 times innspilling)

Og så tar vi av lokket.

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Fra systemet ovenfor

[youtube=625,550]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEASjw1VUX4[/video]

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    En enkel måte å dempe kabinett resonanser

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Da har jeg solgt hele mitt FMA system.

268+1811+222+XA I gikk til en kjøper i HK/Monaco.

Ja Roysen tenkte på deg og ditt ønske om å kjøpe 268, men kjøperen var kun interessert i å kjøpe hele FMA systemet.

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Ny modell i Resolution Series; FM 108

The FM 108 precision power amplifier provides absolutely outstanding reproduction.
    It employs FM ACOUSTICS singular Class A stages throughout and features the same proprietary safeguarding systems as its larger brothers in the Resolution Series.
    Identical "zero compromise" philosophy and use of many of the same components as in the larger amplifiers guarantees absolute excellence.
    It is handcrafted in Switzerland by the same craftsmen and -woman who create the world renown large FM ACOUSTICS amplifiers used by leading artists and studios the world over.

Technical excellence manifests itself in the fact that instead of a switched power supply - which would be small and very cheap but with the huge disadvantage of inherent current limiting - the FM 108 employs a unique high-power linear 'analogue' power supply. It is therefore completely self-contained and free from the disadvantage of 'switched' digital power supplies.
    Its balanced input recognizes what type of circuitry the preamplifier is using and automatically optimizes and balances the audio signal right at the input.

The FM 108 is the ultimate choice when ultimate audio signal fidelity, dynamic accuracy and neutrality in short, when Resolution Series performance is required.

The FM 108 can be placed next to a speaker or in any remote location. Even when power is switched on remotely the FM 108 keeps all features such as delayed turn-on, all protection circuitry intelligence etc. No long warm up time is required: within ten seconds it is fully operational.

The FM 108 is the power base for a discrete high performance music or AV system that will enthral the most discerning listener. It outperforms other units costing up to six times the price (and up to fourteen times the bulk and weight)!

The FM 108 is a dream come true for thousands who already own the FM 122, the FM 133 and/or an FM 155 (they all share the same chassis) and for those who desire an unobtrusive, musically accurate single channel power amplifier of Resolution Series reproduction quality.

Weight - 4.5kg

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    wizard skrev:
    Da har jeg solgt hele mitt FMA system.

268+1811+222+XA I gikk til en kjøper i HK/Monaco.

Ja Roysen tenkte på deg og ditt ønske om å kjøpe 268, men kjøperen var kun interessert i å kjøpe hele FMA systemet.
    Dette kommer istedenfor FMA - GTE Trinity

Dac'en kommer i 3stk flight cases, mens AMP kommer i 4.

Tott

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    GTE ser fantastisk ut,

kan man benytte PC som drivverk knyttet direkte til GTE DAC, hvilke interface støttes.

regner med at preamp er et ikke tema.

Hvordan presterer GTE i forhold til FM 1811, bør de parres med høyttaler med høy følsomhet og snill imp kurve.

Tott

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Ja GTE dac støtter pc oppkobling da den har firewire kontakt. Opptil 4 kontakter -man kan velge mellom coax, Bnc, single AES, Dual AES, ST eller Firewire.

En kan koble til ekstern preamp via en balansert inngang på GTE dac/pre - f.eks hvis en skal koble til platespiller, sacd spiller eller noe annet.
    Den har en spesiell 110ohm utgang som brukes sammen med GTE AMP og en 600ohm utgang som en kan koble vanlige effekter til - begge er balanserte med Xlr kontakt.

AMP går ned til 2 ohm, og ja den kan drive vanskelige laster. Den er ekstremt stabil pga veldig mange utgangs transistorer pr kanal, dempefaktor og frekvens respons.

Hvordan er lyden ift FMA 1811 og 268?, ja GTE er på samme nivået - men FMA låter varmere enn GTE, GTE låter mere nøytralt og har mye mindre forvrenging.
    Specs på AMP er noe det beste jeg har sett noensinne - frekvens respons fra 0-180Mhz, dempefaktor - 40000 i 20khz 4ohms last, stigetid 250ns, utgangs impedanse - 20khz 100 microohm.

8-4-2 ohm 75-150-300 klasse A watt.

Innsiden av den ene AMP modulen
    De 2 Speakon kontaktene kan byttes ut med f.eks 2 par WBT sølv kontakter isteden.

Tott

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Hvilke muligheter finnes i fra GTE, 3 delt dac/per og 4 delt effekt.

Hvem forhandler GTE, kun direkte og bruktbørs.

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Tott skrev:
    Hvilke muligheter finnes i fra GTE, 3 delt dac/per og 4 delt effekt.

Hvem forhandler GTE, kun direkte og bruktbørs.
    GTE kommer snart med en transport - pris ukjent.
    De har kun de 2 andre produktene på markedet pr idag.

Ingen forhandler noe sted, kun direkte salg, brukt nei ingenting finnes på markedet.

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    GTE på CES 2008

[youtube=525,450]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9g8NB70cj8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

cardas

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nøtterøy
    Her var det ekstremt masse flotte bilder Wizard!

Ikke slutt med det! ;D

Mvh
    Andreas

wizard

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    På International Sight and Sound Exhibition 2009 i Singapore

XS-3 var biampet med 4 stk 108 mono effekt forsterkere.

Lyden var visst meget bra.

Vedlegg

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn