Nyhet hos Endpoint - Thöress

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Thöress er et spennende merke som jeg har hatt i kikkerten lenge. Tysk puristisk presisjon fra en ekte entusiast som startet dette for ca 25 år siden.
    F2A11 - DG38.jpg F2A11 - DG57.jpg
    Her er en liten presentasjon fra Reinhard:
    The THÖRESS story is about amplifiers AND LOUDSPEAKERS. A fact which has been frequently overlooked in the past. Perhaps the rather unique amplifier products have stolen attention from the loudspeaker creations...? Or perhaps the radical idiosyncratic speaker design regarding technical principles and appearance was found consternating...? In any case, I strongly believe that
    amplifier and loudspeaker design are so closely related to each other that they need to be treated simultaniously in order to reach the very top of musical reproduction. Meanwhile, THÖRESS loudspeakers gain increasing reputation aside from the amplifier products, which I admittedly note with a certain degree of satisfaction and pride.
    DESIGN PRINCIPLES...
    After decades of occupation with live and recorded music, I have gained a very clear vision regarding the sonic profile of a truly MUSICAL system. All my design choices have always been ruled by this vision, while aspects of marketing and commerce have been predominantly neglected. In case of amplification I strongly believe in the supremacy of MINIMALISTIC , SINGLE-ENDED , ZERO-FEEDBACK , VACUUM TUBE TOPOLOGIES - while strictly avoiding balanced schematics (push-pull operation in particular).
    The MKIII Phono Enhancer, for example, offers single-ended purely active MC amplification with excellent signal-to-noise performance by employing only two single-triodes per channel (operated at HIGH IDLE CURRENT). The sheer imagination of forcing the phono signal through a series of integrated circuit chips (operational amplifiers) each of which is composed of a network of at
    least 30 on-chip transistors operated at TINY IDLE CURRENTS linked by loops of negative feedback makes me shrudder.

F2A11 - DG70.jpg

TRANSFORMERS...
    All THÖRESS amplifiers are equipped with proprietary mains transformers, output transformers (OPTs) and filter chokes produced in-house to the highest possible standards. This allows me to tailor these parts so as to perfectly suit the respective circuit context and keep full control over built quality. In fact every coil ever used to built a THÖRESS amplifier has been fabricated by myself with the aid of a vintage winding machine made in year 1964, which curiously happens to be the year of my birth. In case of the mains transformers this ensures maximum reliability, deadly quiet operation and low leakage field emission. Apart from that, it enables me to readily make dedicated power
    transformers for all kinds of mains voltages such as 100Vac (Japan), 220Vac (South Korea, China, Thailand, Indonesia) or 245 Vac (Australia).

EHT Int DSCF4602.jpg EHT Int DSCF4631.jpg EHT Int DSCF4658.jpg
    APPEARANCE...
    All ten component models which nowadays form the THÖRESS product line have been initially and primarily developed to serve my own needs. So their appearance and construction style in the first row displays my personal taste and attitudes. The small 1D66 loudspeaker is believed to represent an unabtrusive and timeless piece of style-neutral furniture, while the large 2CD12
    loudspeaker follows the example of the self-effacing style of a vintage JBL studio monitor. As for the amplifiers, I want them to get perceived as apparatus, PURISTIC AUDIO APPARATUS as I call them. Precision gear meant to serve committed music lovers to broaden their musical acquaintance, rather than luxurious status objects for showing off. Components free of redundant
    frills yet with soul, solely dedicated to honest and accurate musical reproduction. The undeniable more or less subtle retro touch my products emanate are understood as a tribute to the tradition of professional audio components from the golden age of the vacuum tube, which I always considered one strong root of my approach.

Greetings to All Music Lovers World Wide!
    REINHARD THÖRESS

Integrerte forsterkere:
    F2A11
    Our F2a11 Integrated Amplifier utilizes the famous F2a11 vacuum tube in singleended
    triode operation mode for an output power of 6 watts (per channel) into a 4,
    8 or 16 ohm load.
    F2A11 - DG38.jpg

Our Hybrid Triode Integrated Amplifier (EHT Integrated) offers 20 watts of output power per channel into a 6 ohm load combined with very low output resistance
    (high damping factor). Such providing excellent drive capability for loudspeakers with medium to low efficiency or with critically low impedance which may present a challenge for our all-tube single-ended triode amplifier models. While offering the same level of ultimate sonic excellence without involving exotic costly power tubes.
    EHT Int DSCF4602.jpg

Effektforsterkere:
    The SE845 Mono Amplifier is an all-tube power amplifier employing the famous 845 power triode in single-ended operation mode for an output power of up to 20 watts
    into a 4, 8 or 16 ohm loudspeaker load. It is the flagship of our all-tube power amplifier line.

The SE300B Mono Amplifier is an all-vacuum-tube power amplifier employing the famous 300B filamentary triode in single-ended operation mode for an output of up
    to 10 watts into a 4, 8 or 16 ohm loudspeaker load.
    845 og 300b har samme utseende.
    845 - PS - 1.jpg 845 - PS - 2.jpg

The most powerful amplifier model of our product line provides 30, 40 or 50 watts of output power into a 8, 6 or 4 ohm load respectively, combined with very low
    output resistance (high damping factor). Such providing excellent drive capability for loudspeakers with medium to low efficiency or with critically low impedance which
    may present a challenge for our all-tube single-ended triode amplifier models. While offering the same level of ultimate sonic excellence without involving exotic costly
    power tubes.
    EHT Mono In the Dark LR.jpg EHT Mono Rear LR.jpg

Forforsterkere og RIAA:
    The THÖRESS Full Function Preamplifier (FFPre) is a versatile vacuum tube preamplifier incorporating a state-of-the-art line control amplifier (2x12J5GT tubes)
    and a ground-breaking tube phono equalizer (2x12JGT+2xPC86 tubes) in one chassis.
    The phono section of the FFPre provides MC amplification with highly accurate (fixed) RIAA de-emphasis and excellent signal-to-noise performance in a purely
    active operation mode (without involving step-up transformer gain). The phono section is by no means an afterthought or add-on to the line section but a state-ofthe-
    art device on itself, fully dedicated to maximum performance on par with the ultimate sonic capabilities of our Parametric Phono Equalizer (with tone selectors in
    RIAA position).
    FFPre GV DSCF2235.jpg FFPre GV DSCF2229.jpg

THÖRESS proudly presents the Parametric Phono Equalizer MKIII... a highly versatile vacuum tube phono preamplifier which offers MM and MC amplification with excellent signal-to-noise performance in purely active operation mode (without the aid of step-up transformer gain). And, furthermore, unique onthe- fly tone adjustements. More specifically, the frequency response of the amplifier can be controled within wide limits by varying the three de-emphasis edge frequencies f1, f2, f3 by means of three 6-position rotary switches TCSW1, TCSW2,
    TCSW3, which we call tone selectors. Obviously, this design concept justifies the term PARAMETRIC PHONO EQUALIZER. With selectors in default position the amplifier performs highly accurate RIAA de-emphasis, the most widely used equalization characteristic, given by the NEW ORTHOPHONIC prescription
    established by RCA along with the microgroove vinyl disc in the late 1940s.
    Enhancer DSCF2218.jpg Enhancer DSCF2217.jpg

The THÖRESS Dual Function Amplifier (DFAmp) represents an ultimate implementation of a line control amplifier and a headphone driving amplifier, both
    of which functions are performed by the same minimalist vacuum tube circuitry with very low output impedance. Thus providing the amplifier with an outstanding ability
    to simultaneously drive long cable runs and headphones with an impedance as low as 50 ohms or even lower. The DFAmp features unique tone control facilities (timbre registers) and a custom designed remote volume control presented with typical THÖRESS style and attention to detail.
    DF Amplifier HN1.jpg DF Amplifier HN2.jpg

Høyttalere:
    The 1D66 Loudspeaker (1D66-LSP) is a floor-standing two-way loudspeaker with medium efficiency (91dB/W/m) which combines balanced response, excellent
    dispersion, thrilling resolution and outstanding imaging with stable and effortless bass reproduction within a modestly sized cabinet (236 x 416 x 1170 mm). It is an
    ultimate component that will easily measure up to the highest expectations of even the most critical and experienced music enthusiast, especially when driven by our
    EHT Mono Blocks or the EHT Integrated Amplifier. In view of its medium efficiency and tame impedance, the 1D66-LSP will also deliver fantastic sound quality with an
    ultimate all-tube amplifier of modest power output such as our SE300B or SE845 Mono Amplifier.
    The 1D66-LSP is capable of powerfull, extremely fast and airy bass response due to a unique OPEN-CABINET driver loading. This design choice allows us to avoid the
    typical, more or less pronounced boxy sound characteristic known from loudspeakers of the sealed or vented type.
    THÖRESS - 1D66 - 1.jpg THÖRESS - 1D66 - 4.jpg

Our horn based 2CD12 Loudspeaker (2CD12-LSP) combines high efficiency (96dB/W/m) with balanced frequency response and excellent dispersion within a
    still modestly sized floor standing cabinet (416 x 346 x 1170 mm). The loudspeaker exhibits the effortless and live sound which only horn based constructions can
    attain, and yet manages the seamless coherency of the best single cone pointsource transducers. Therefor offering a stunningly realistic presentation that will easily measure up to the expectations of even the most experienced and critical music enthusiast, especially when driven by our all-tube single-ended triode or EHT integrated or mono amplifier.
    Carefully mated to the two horns on the low end is a 12-inch bass transducer with light paper cone and an exceptionally powerful magnet. It is one of the best transducers of this kind available today, in our estimation. Due to a unique OPENCABINET driver loading, the 2CD12-LSP exhibits powerfull, extremely fast and airy bass response. A design choice which allowed us to avoid the more or less pronounced boxy sound characteristic known from loudspeakers of the sealed or vented type.
    thoeress-loudspeaker-100db-01-front.jpg thoeress-loudspeaker-100db-04-perspective.jpg Testimage - 2CD12 wax  paper.jpg

Priser:
    Full Function PREAMPLIFIER ................................................ - 91.000,-
    Parametric PHONO EQUALIZER (The Phono Enhancer) MKIII - 109.990,-
    Dual Function LINE & HEAD Control Amplifier * ................. - 109.990,-
    -
    SE300B . MONO Power Amplifier (JJ-300B) # ...................... - 105.990,-
    SE845 . MONO Power Amplifier (845/China) # ................ - 121.990,-
    (ELROG ER845) # .......... - 152.990,-
    EHT . Hybrid Triode MONO Amplifier # ............................. - 143.990,-
    -
    F2a11 . INTEGRATED Amplifier (Siemens NOS tubes) ......... - 91.500,-
    EHT. Hybrid Triode INTEGRATED Amplifier * ....................... - 99.990,-
    -
    Loudspeaker 2, 2CD12 (97 dB) # ........................................ - 154.990,-
    Loudspeaker 4, 1D66 (91dB) # .......................................... - 138.990,-

Mvh
    Tom Egil
    tomegil@endpointaudio.no

Vedlegg

Kommentarer

EP

Hi-Fi interessert
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Lykke til!
    Fantastiske produkter både hva angår design, byggekvalitet og ikke minst lyd:)

rama

biskopen av holmlia
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    oslo
    Torget vurderinger
    gratulerer med nytt merke.
    liker trynet på forsterkerne.
    elegant og industriell på samme tid.
    litt sånn neue deutsche härte-versjonen av nagra.
    og prisene virker ålreite også, med tanke på galoppen de siste årene.

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…

Informasjon om bruker

Endpoint Audio
Bransjeaktør
Medlem siden
Antall liker
Link til alle artikler
Endpoint Audio sine annonser
Bransjenyheter
Canor Audio hos Endpoint Audio

Canor Audio hos Endpoint Audio

Jeg er veldig fornøyd med å kunne re-introdusere Canor for det norske markedet, og gir i den forbindelse 15% avslag på alle produktene en kort periode nå i begynnelsen av april. Canor Audio har...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
Lockwood Loudspeakers hos Endpoint Audio

Lockwood Loudspeakers hos Endpoint Audio

Jeg er meget fornøyd med å introdusere Lockwood for det norske markedet. Etablert i 1930, Lockwood har vært en av de mest foretrukne monitorer med over 1200 plateinnspillinger på ryggen. Så...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
Innbyttekampanje! Oppgrader til Lumin U2 - Eller få 15%

Innbyttekampanje! Oppgrader til Lumin U2 - Eller få 15%

Ønsker du å oppgradere til en av markedets beste streamere? Lumin U2 har oppgradert prosessor, dedikert Low Noise USB til DAC utgang, all-in-one chassis, fiber nettverk, OG lineær...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
God Jul til alle!

God Jul til alle!

Jeg ønsker alle en riktig God Jul, hvor kanskje både harde og myke pakker er det minst viktige. Det skjer såpass mye galskap i verden i dag, at den beste gaven vi kan gi er medmennesklighet...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
EMT 912HI - Test.

EMT 912HI - Test.

EMT lanserte i 2022 nye utgaver av de legendariske tonearmene EMT 929 & 997. Disse er vesentlig oppgradert i forhold til forgjengerene og det legger man merke til med en gang man tar de ut av...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
10/10 For Lumin T3

10/10 For Lumin T3

High End streaming blir stadig bedre, og Lumin leder an med superb lydkvalitet og brukervennlighet. Alltid blant de første til å implementere nyheter - og de første som fikk på plass Tidal MAX...
Fortsett
Topp Bunn