Digitale avspillere "Mye for pengene"- Kina-DAC, Gustard X20?

L

Larkus

Gjest
Gustard X12
x12.jpg

Gustard X10
x10.jpg

Og Gustard X9 - som viser seg å være identisk men min egen Valab WM8741 Dac.
x9.jpg

bambadoo

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Lørenskog
Torget vurderinger
Har et Gustard produkt. U12 som er en usb> spdif/i2s konverter av veldig god kvalitet. Var veldig fornøyd så lenge jeg brukte den. Ikke noe å si på kvaliteten der.

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
Kolla in Line Magnetic LM-502CA, vi är gäng som tar hem ifrån Kina via en leverantör och säljer för samma pengar som vi betalar, försök att få hem den billigare om Ni kan!

Varför denna DAC, kolla på nätet, skrivit massor om den, jag har en själv en som jag har Tweakat. Jösses vad den spelar, jag säljer alla dacar jag köpt innan. Det skadar inte att kolla, kostar inte nått! ;)

Sist redigert:
M

MusicBear

Gjest
Kolla in LM-502CA, vi är gäng som tar hem ifrån Kina via en leverantör och säljer för samma pengar som vi betalar, försök att fåbhem den billigare om Du kan!

Varför denna DAC, kolla på nätet, skrivit massor om den, jag har en själv som jag har Tweakat. Jösses vad den spelar jag säljer alla dacar jag har. Det skadar inte att kolla, kostar inte nått! ;)

Bør i så fall være (MYE) bedre en dette?!

Test av Line Magnetic LM-502CA | Lyd & Bilde

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
Lite mer:

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/inde...lasma-guy-lpg/

The Line Magnetic LM-502CA Dac

Australiena har hållt på med denna i ca 1,5 år och håller på än, slår ut för över 10.000 $,
jag tror dom, jag har hört den, skickat ut MBS Analog,AMR DP-777.

Burken Kostar 16,500,- i Sverige och tas hem för under 800$, kan man köpa många Burson V5, rör och andra godsaker för pengarna man sparar.

Trevlig läsning!;)

Sist redigert:

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
Här lite saxat för de som nu har laggt barnen:rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Now back to the Line Magnetic Dac.

We all know about the Killerdac after all this is the Killerdac forum. Not all killerdacs are created equal. I have no doubt that Steve being the originator of the final iteration of the Kusonoki circuit which I got Scott Thompson to do has I would think a Killerdac which is another league to all of ours (if it had a 6c45 pi tube in it anyway which is another story). So we aren't really comparing apples with apples.

I can say compared to my killerdac and Marks killerdac there was absolutely no contest. It was killed. Sorry guys if i'm stepping on any toes and telling them they're girlfriend is ugly but its the truth.

Now i'm not talking about the standard Line Magnetic Dac. I'm talking about my modified Line Magnetic Dac.

Let's wind back a little.

I've been reading about WE 555 field coil compression drivers and researching permanent magnet alternatives as a possible future Azurahorn ah160 mid bass candidate to replace the Fane 8m. I noticed on a few websites many of these setups using some very expensive Line Magnetic replica 555 drivers used by some German audiophiles.

I reasoned that some of these systems being super expensive could have used any dec but time after time I saw systems with this dec in place. I then spoke with some people about the Line Magnetic story and got more curious about they're dec. They seemed to be a company that didn't f…k around. They seemed to do stuff properly. I was told that they may have a factory in china but they were Korean and very serious audio maniacs and made some amazing stuff which made me more curious again.

I've often said to Steve that in an ideal world none of us would be f….g around with the old schools tda1541 and that we would do the same sort of mods that I originated and then Steve greatly improved and perfected when i got bored and stopped playing with it to a newer chipset that could deal with higher sampling rates etc (yes the no dsd is a bummer but not a deal breaker……for me).

When I read all the stuff about the Line Magnetic I thought it would be fun to explore. Cheap, current dec chip which plays high res too through usb, valve rectification and output tubes. Potentially interesting stuff. The negatives where that i've heard quite a few sabre dacs and they all sucked big time.

I was hoping that it would sound ok stock and could pretty great modified. Probably not as good as the killerdac but would be good to use for the vinyl rip and reel to reel style files floating around.

I was very surprised that right out of the bat with no mods it sounded really good. really really good. Let's open this puppy up and start to mod her and see what she can do says me.

Asking a few knowledgable friends about parameters of the dec started me on a path.

First to change was the 12au7 stock chinese crap to some very very nice 12au7's. Wow pretty big improvement. Nice. Next was changing the rectifier from the fake chinese 6x4 to a proper gun brand new vintage version. Wow. Massive improvement. Like really massive. Hey I think this thing is very responsive to tweak i think. Lets do some more stuff.

Next to change was the wiring. Out goes very nice but stock wire to the sockets and in goes my beautiful 1930's/ 1940's hair thin German Nazi wire. In goes some of my Yamamura wire. This resulted in another really great improvement more in line with the 12u7 change. Next i changed the coupling caps from the pretty average german caps to some Silver/ Gold in oil Mundorfs. Wow really amazing now. I'll put my Duelunds in soon.

So i'm only partly through mods. There is way more to do. In the next week or so I will be doing some pretty serious power supply mods and resistor substitution and some other stuff.

But as it stands stock its very good. With the above mentioned mods it was in a different higher league to everything its gone against so far including the 48kg 14.5k dollar AMR and both Killerdacs. Now just in case someone wants to talk about these killerdacs being poor examples I can tell you that mine is at the top of the tree next to or maybe slightly behind Steves. Marks also cost him $6k has all the mods and is a very late model unit which Steve himself said to me are better than the older units. So we are not talking grandmas knickers here.

The Line Magnetic with the mods above was not just a little better, it was in a different league. It really was. Each of the guys who's' systems we have heard it in has either ordered one or is about to.

Steve has created an incredible dec. Something which is much better than what Scott started and I subsequently tuned for a while. Its a real credit to him. But I believe after hearing these new chips they have the potential to play at a much higher level.

LETS GET MODDING AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH SOME OF THE NEW CHIPS!!

Lansche Plasma Guy.

bambadoo

Æresmedlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Lørenskog
Torget vurderinger
Tråden handler om Gustard produkter og da spesielt X20 som trådstarter nevnte. La den fortsette med det. Vi har fått med oss at du er fornøyd med LM dacen din.

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
Då skall jag inte tipsa vidare om god Dac i samma prisläge, ursäkta!

var köper man x20, jag borde ta hen en och se vad man kan göra med den och framförallt höra.

Sist redigert:
L

Larkus

Gjest
Og Gustard X9 - som viser seg å være identisk men min egen Valab WM8741 Dac.
Vis vedlegget 361880

Var det denne som nesten ikke kostet noe?
I så fall - hvor god - i forhold til kjente referanser?
Mener å huske at jeg betalte rundt 3000 kroner for min for et par år siden.
I standardversjon med OPA627 på XLR-utgangen spiller denne tett på Hegel CDP4Amk2 som også har OPA627 op-amper.
Med Burson V4 opamper på XLR-utgangen spiller den like godt, muligens et hakk bedre en Hegel CDP4Amk2 med OPA627.

Sist redigert:

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
Nu är jag inte med, är det inte x20 som är "top of the ladder", är x9 en bättre produkt? X20 är väll tweakbar tänker jag?

L

Larkus

Gjest
X20 er toppmodellen. Koster vel ca. 8000 kroner. Alt er vel i prinsippet tweakbart. Men hvis du tenker på op-amp skifting, så er det ikke mulig på X20. Heller ikke på X10 og X12.
Utgangstrinnet er konstruert uten integrerte kretser på de modellene.

CAB

Medlem
Ble medlem
Antall liker
Sted
Kullavik
Torget vurderinger
X20 er toppmodellen. Koster vel ca. 8000 kroner. Alt er vel i prinsippet tweakbart. Men hvis du tenker på op-amp skifting, så er det ikke mulig på X20. Heller ikke på X10 og X12.
Utgangstrinnet er konstruert uten integrerte kretser på de modellene.
ok, då är jag med, tack

Topp Bunn