Stengt for ytterligere svar.

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    Litt deilig rock, mens man parterer naboens datter til middag-musikk.

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely. 2008.jpg

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely. 2008.

Dette er en vinyl-rip, da CD-utgaven ikke egner seg for lydformidling! Fullstendig rasert av Loudness war som den er :mad:

Direkte skammelig og motbydelig er "jobben" produsenten og "lyd"- teknikerne har gjort med CD-utgivelsen. Men, om de vil at vi skal laste ned vinyl-rip og brenne selv, er det da helt greit. Blir lite klingende mynt av slikt, selvsagt

Deilig, deilig musikk :)

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    Fra nå av blir det vinyl-rip på alt som er ødelagt av loudness. Når plateselskapene ikke behandler oss forbrukere med respekt, kan de heller ikke vente seg penger i kassa.

Denne nå.

Paul Simon - Graceland. WB German 1st Pressing 925 447-2. 1986..jpg

Paul Simon - Graceland. WB German 1st Pressing 925 447-2. 1986.

E. Largo

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Disco Volante
    Torget vurderinger
    Jeg prøver meg på litt sløy 80-talls pop.
    Mon tro om jeg fremdeles har den hvite dressjakka med oppbrettede armer...

Billy Ocean - Suddenly

Vedlegg

E. Largo

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Disco Volante
    Torget vurderinger
    Mer 80-talls. The House of Love fra 88.

Sakset fra Allmusic
    For all of the band's later highlights, there's no question that this is where the group shone the best; still hungry, still focused, and not plagued by the personality conflicts that would cause Terry Bickers' acrimonious departure, the quartet served up a half-hour-long delight. Guy Chadwick's yearning vocals and ear for memorable melodies matched beautifully with Bickers' fantastic guitar, and if the recorded results didn't really show the latter at full strength (Chadwick essentially told him what to play, and he only cut loose in concert), it's still something. Check out the sudden, thrilling solo on "Salome," a fantastic song that easily equals the Church at their most thrilling and powerful, or the even-more-memorable break on the deservedly famous leadoff track "Christine," once described aptly as the Jesus and Mary Chain meets the Left Banke. The Pete Evans/Chris Groothuizen rhythm team had their own fine moments as well -- the snaky crawl of "Road" in particular suggests Echo and the Bunnymen's own brilliant work with rhythm. "Man to Child," a reflective, softly crushed ballad, won many plaudits as well, Chadwick's portrait of aging and angst deft and quietly understated, matching the similarly wistful, just-sad-enough music beautifully. However, the secret highlight of the album would have to be "Love in a Car," starting with a keening, haunting high guitar part from Bickers and then slowly evolving into an evermore tense and dramatic all-band performance. Chadwick's singing is some of his wounded best, and the final slow fade keeps all the intensity right to the end. Though a couple of cuts veer toward the okay rather than the great, plenty of other highlights suggest themselves, and the album as a whole is a high watermark for English post-punk music of the '80s.

<em>

Vedlegg

Sist redigert:

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    ^Hva er dette da?

Edit; så ikke saksingen fra allmusic :)

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    Fortsetter med denne, mens man har nedtelling til 1. juni.

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Caynon. 1970..jpg

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Caynon. 1970.

tkr

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nede i fjæresteinene
    Torget vurderinger
    Mens man konstaterer at nesten 3000 album er på plass igjen:

Okkervil-River-The-Silver-Gymnasium.jpeg

Okkervil River. Litt alt. country/indierock/americana. På spotify.

mvh

Kernzedd

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Denne anbefales, litt variert back katalog kvalitetsmessig, men hvem har ikke det, gi disse østerrikerene en lytt:)
    cover-front copy.jpg

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    Her er en aldeles herlig skive fra Bob Seger.

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind. Capitol CDP 7 46060-2. 1985..jpg

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind. Capitol CDP 7 46060-2. 1985.

Skiva er fra 1980.

tkr

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nede i fjæresteinene
    Torget vurderinger
    Kveldens siste:

runningonempty1.jpg

....Og pussig nok dukker denne herren opp på listen over medvirkende her også:

leland.jpg

Forøvrig sammen med bl. a. David Lindley, Russ Kunkel og Danny Kortchmar. :)

mvh

Sist redigert:

JohnnyH

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Rogaland / Sandnes
    Ikke helt lett å glemme Ole Frimer Band etter opplevelsen sist uke.

Ole Frimer Band-BLåLYS-S.jpg

En variant av platas første låt.

Låt nr 2 fra plata, deilig bass på denne.

Versjon av låt 4

Så ett innlegg fra konserten i Drammen at steamen var den samme der, og Palle Hjorth fortsatt hadde dagen.:cool:

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    En flott skive av Jackson Browne. Førstepressing på CD fra 1990.

Jackson Browne - For Everyman. Asylum E2 5067-2. 1990.

howard_nor

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Fortsetter likegreit med mer Dire Straits.
    Dette er også utrolig fin musikk med fantastisk dynamikk. :)

800 051-2 cd versjonen.

Vedlegg

E. Largo

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Disco Volante
    Torget vurderinger
    EWF - Open Your Eyes

Sakset fra Allmusic
    Finally, after almost half a decade of serious dues-paying, Earth, Wind & Fire took off commercially with its fifth album, Open Our Eyes. EWF had been delivering great albums since 1971, but it wasn't until 1974 that the public proved genuinely receptive to Maurice White's mystical and unorthodox take on soul and funk. No longer would EWF enjoy only a small cult following. Thanks to treasures like "Kalimba Song," the gritty funk smoker "Mighty Mighty," and the unforgettable "Devotion," Open Our Eyes became EWF's first gold album and went to the top of the R&B charts. It's also interesting to note that with this album, singer Jessica Cleaves was gone, resulting in the first time EWF had an all-male lineup. The 2001 CD reissue adds four previously unreleased bonus tracks, one of them a "Walkin' in N'awlins" mix of "Fair But So Uncool," though the other three songs did not appear on the original album in an alternate form.

Vedlegg

E. Largo

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Disco Volante
    Torget vurderinger
    The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour

Sakset fra Allmusic
    The best-realized of their classic albums, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour was also the last of the group's albums for almost a decade to be done under reasonably happy and satisfying circumstances -- for the last time with this lineup, they went into the studio with a reasonably full song bag and a lot of ambition and brought both as far as time would allow, across close to four months (interrupted by a tour of the United States right in the middle). Virtually everywhere you listen on this record, the lush melodies and the sound of Michael Pinder's Mellotron (augmented here by the Moog synthesizer and a brace of other instruments) just sweep over the music, and where they don't, Justin Hayward's guitar pyrotechnics on pieces like "The Story in Your Eyes" elevate the hard rocking side of the music, in tandem with John Lodge's muscular bass work -- which still leaves plenty of room for a cello here, and a grand piano there, on top of Ray Thomas' flute, and Graeme Edge's ever more ambitious percussion. "Emily's Song." "Nice to Be Here," and "My Song" are among the best work the group ever did, and "The Story in Your Eyes" is the best rock number they ever cut, with a bracing beat and the kind of lyrical complexity one more expected out of George Harrison at the time. Sad to say, the group would never be this happy with an album again -- at least not for a lot of years -- or with their commitment to being a group, though they would leave one more highly worthwhile album before taking a hiatus for most of the rest of the 1970s.

Vedlegg

tkr

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nede i fjæresteinene
    Torget vurderinger
    Starter lyttekvelden med denne, mens jeg konstaterer at det nye biblioteket nå inneholder nesten 4000 album. 7000 til, så er jeg ferdig, utenom de jeg må rippe :(

summertimedream.jpg

Fin sang, en av hans mest kjente:

mvh

Sist redigert:

tkr

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nede i fjæresteinene
    Torget vurderinger
    Tar en Gordon til som dessert:

coldontheshoulder.jpg

Fra Wikipedia:

Gordon Meredith Lightfoot, Jr. CC OOnt (born November 17, 1938) is a Canadian singer-songwriter who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music, and has been credited for helping define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s. He has been referred to as Canada's greatest songwriter and internationally as a folk-rock legend.
    Lightfoot's songs, including "For Lovin' Me", "Early Morning Rain", "Steel Rail Blues", "Ribbon of Darkness"—a number one hit on the U.S. country chart with Marty Robbins's cover in 1965— and the 1967 Detroit riot-generated "Black Day In July" brought him international recognition in the 1960s. He experienced chart success in Canada with his own recordings, beginning in 1962 with the #3 hit "(Remember Me) I'm the One". Lightfoot's recordings then made an impact on the international music charts as well in the 1970s, with songs such as "If You Could Read My Mind" (1970) (#5 on the US chart), "Sundown" (1974), "Carefree Highway" (1974), "Rainy Day People" (1975), all reaching #1, and "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" (1976) (#2).
    Some of Lightfoot's albums have achieved gold and multi-platinum status internationally. His songs have been recorded by some of the world's most renowned recording artists, including Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr., The Kingston Trio, Marty Robbins, George Hamilton IV, Jerry Lee Lewis, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Judy Collins, Barbra Streisand, Johnny Mathis, Viola Wills, Richie Havens, The Replacements, Harry Belafonte, Tony Rice, Sandy Denny (with Fotheringay), The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, Scott Walker, Sarah McLachlan, John Mellencamp, Toby Keith, Peter, Paul and Mary, Glen Campbell, Anne Murray, Waylon Jennings, The Irish Rovers, Nico and Olivia Newton-John.
    Robbie Robertson of The Band declared that Lightfoot was one of his "favourite Canadian songwriters and is absolutely a national treasure."[Bob Dylan, also a Lightfoot fan, called him one of his favourite songwriters, and in an often-quoted tribute, Dylan observed that when he heard a Gordon Lightfoot song he wished "it would last forever." Lightfoot was a featured musical performer at the opening ceremonies of the 1988 Winter Olympic Games in Calgary, Alberta. He received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree (arts) in 1979 and the Companion of the Order of Canada—Canada's highest civilian honor—in 2003. On February 6, 2012, Lightfoot was presented with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario. In June of that same year he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

mvh

tkr

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Nede i fjæresteinene
    Torget vurderinger
    Holder oss til kvalitetsmusikk fra Canada litt til: :)

Music_From_Big_Pink_light.jpg

Tyr til Wikipedia enda en gang:

Med en grov lyd, tilsynelatende kaotiske ordninger og en egenartet blanding av country, rock, folkemusikk, klassisk musikk, R & B og soul er Music From Big Pink vanligvis betraktet som et av de beste albumene av the Band, sammen med deres neste album, The Band utgitt i 1969. Albumet følger bandets backing av Bob Dylan på sin turné i 1966 (som The Hawks) og tid brukt på et delt hus i upstate New York, hvor innspillingen av det som kom til å bli The Basement Tapes skjedde, også sammen med Dylan. Huset de delte, som ligger i Saugerties, New York, like ved Woodstock, ble malt rosa, noe som gir tittelen på albumet.

Kritikernes første mottagelse av albumet var generelt positiv, selv om salget var lite; Al Koopers gjennomgang av albumet i Rolling Stone magazine har bidratt til å trekke offentlig oppmerksomhet til det, og det faktum at Bob Dylan hadde komponert tre av låtene, har også bidratt til å øke salget.
    På den tiden nådde The Weight nummer 63 på Billboard Music Charts's Hot 100 singles chart (Nord-Amerika). Albumet nådde en nummer 30 på Billboard's Pop Albums Chart i 1968 og deretter opp igjen som nummer 8 på Internet Albums Chart i 2000. Låten «The Weight» har fått utbredt popularitet, til tross for sin bedrøvelige listeplassering. Populariteten skyldes delvis inkludering i kultfilmen Easy Rider, selv om den var utelukket av soundtracket på grunn av lisensproblemer (en coverversjon av bandet Smith ble inkludert på albumet istedet).
    I 2003 ble albumet rangert som nummer 34 på musikkmagasinet Rolling Stones liste over «Tidenes 500 beste album».[1]
    Den avslappete stemningen på albumet fikk oppmerksomhet fra mange andre kunstnere. For eksempel Eric Clapton sier at albumets roots rock-stil var det som overbeviste ham til å slutte i Cream og heller fortsette med en stil som man hører hos Blind Faith, Delaney og Bonnie og albumet Eric Clapton.

mvh

Sist redigert:

lars_erik

Rubinmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hades
    Torget vurderinger
    Mens man nok en gang får bekreftet at Per Mathias Høgmo- på samme måte som Åge Hareide, kun har det i kjeften-musikk.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. West German Target WB 03010-2. 1984.jpg

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. West German Target WB 03010-2. 1984.

howard_nor

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Etter tips her i tråden gir jeg dette albumet en sjanse :). Spilles via wimp.
    Har hørt de gamle albumene hennes, hun har en fantastisk behagelig stemme.

Fin avslutning på kvelden.

Vedlegg

Status
    Stengt for ytterligere svar.
  • Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn