Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• ardilla

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    OSLO
    Torget vurderinger
    [video=youtube;R8a0_seorKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R8a0_seorKI[/video]

" The price is gonna be in the 4000 range..... " Vel - lekker er den, men spørs om WA22 et Co. blir byttet ut på en stund...

Anfield

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Spennende!

Ellers så er det jo spennende hva Fostex har klart å få ut av TH-600, og til hvilken pris, når en vet hvor strålende jobb de har gjort med TH-900.

M

Morpheus

Gjest
    Spennende!

Ellers så er det jo spennende hva Fostex har klart å få ut av TH-600, og til hvilken pris, når en vet hvor strålende jobb de har gjort med TH-900.
    Dette blir absolutt spennende. Reviews rundt TH-600 vil bli fulgt med argusøyne herfra.

BunnSolid

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Gata
    Torget vurderinger
    Kan jo tippe en pris på 6999,- til 7999,- Nkr for TH600
    Treg produksjon på TH900 og det lave S/N min har ,vil jeg tro vi må vente en stund.

Anfield

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Vi får nyte TH-900 i mellomtiden, vi som har den tilgjengelig vi da..... :)

M

Morpheus

Gjest
    Sony MDR-1R.

Skamløst kopiert fra head-fi:

received mine today. they are fantastic!
    most comfy cans I ever tried, yes even better then beyers. clamping is just enough for them to sit right, pads are SUPER Soft and feel great. I dont feel like I have to take them of ever.
    bass is very punchy and blends in perfectly with the rest. it doesn't overpower, just the right amount (for me).
    mids are definitly more forward than in most v shaped cans.
    treble is very detailed but is not sibilant at all. just had a quick comparison with the TF 10 and in the song "Metric-Speed the collapse" the TF10 is sibliant as hell but the 1R makes it sound much more pleasant.

Lovende :).

Loevhagen

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    L -> her <- H
    Torget vurderinger
    De der Noontech Zoro: Vurderte dem for en stund siden til prinsessa i huset. Mener å huske Zoro var enda likere Beats i de første versjonene, og gikk over fra rundt til rektangulært design på festet til øreputene ganske fort. Sikkert for å unngå å bli saksøkt av Monster...

Loevhagen

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    L -> her <- H
    Torget vurderinger
    Til informasjon: "I visited the Fostex booth at the RMAF. If I understood correctly, the TH600 will have three changes relative to the TH900: Magnesium cups, new 1 Tesla motor (but same diaphragm), and a 5N copper cable. Voicing of the preview TH600 was said to be unfinalized."

Kilde: thune @ HF

The Fostex TH600 is good news. I know more than a few people who have been wanting to get the TH900 but didn't want to pay the premium for the lacquer cups. This seems to be the answer for those people, assuming Fostex doesn't do something stupid and tune them to be way more colored than the TH900. If they retain the sound of the TH900 but end up costing half as much, I think they'd be a pretty good buy.

Kile: MuppetFace @ HF

Anfield

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Til informasjon: "I visited the Fostex booth at the RMAF. If I understood correctly, the TH600 will have three changes relative to the TH900: Magnesium cups, new 1 Tesla motor (but same diaphragm), and a 5N copper cable. Voicing of the preview TH600 was said to be unfinalized."

Kilde: thune @ HF

The Fostex TH600 is good news. I know more than a few people who have been wanting to get the TH900 but didn't want to pay the premium for the lacquer cups. This seems to be the answer for those people, assuming Fostex doesn't do something stupid and tune them to be way more colored than the TH900. If they retain the sound of the TH900 but end up costing half as much, I think they'd be a pretty good buy.

Kile: MuppetFace @ HF

Litt optimistisk å tro at TH-600 skal låte likt til TH-900, selv om de sparer den eksklusive finishen, kanskje? My2Cents går på at det nok vil være litt lydmessige forskjeller ute og går her også....

Loevhagen

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    L -> her <- H
    Torget vurderinger
    Samme MuppetFace sier jo at 600-versjonen (gitt den tunes litt flatere / anderledes enn 900-versjonen) faktisk kan oppleves riktigere enn storebroder'n, som har en U-formet frekvenskurve.

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    AURALiC launches VEGA digital audio processor

vega_auralic_front.jpg

With Sanctuary Audio Processor as heart, AURALiC introduces several cutting-edge technology for VEGA: 'Megahertz upsampling' algorithm processes all PCM music to 1.5MHz in 32bit; 'Femto Master Clock' provides an ultimate clock precision with jitter only 82 femtoseconds(0.082 picoseconds). Binding with other AURALiC's patented technologies such as 'ORFEO Class-A module' and discrete 'Purer-Power™ solution', VEGA will bring high resolution music playback experience to climax.

VEGA supports all high resolution music formats including DXD(352.8KS/s, 384KS/s in 32bit) as well as DSD stream at 2.8224MHz and 5.6448MHz. Five digital inputs include AES/EBU, Coaxial(set of two), Toslink and USB. The balanced and single-ended analog outputs can connect to power amplifier directly, adjusting volume in digital precision without dynamic loss. VEGA has six built-in filter modes allows its user to customize according to different music formats, tuning sound best to personal preference.

"VEGA is an unique design, It not just supports all high resolution music format, but also powerful in its advanced function. It is the approach to real high-end that most enthusiastic audiophile long for", said Xuanqian Wang, "like other creation from AURALiC, the ingenious design of VEGA bringing you enjoyment in both aural and visual".

Suggested retail price: VEGA: $3,499/ €3,299(incl. VAT)

Mono and Stereo: AURALiC VEGA

AURALiC

vegaback.jpeg

vegaslide.jpeg

Sist redigert:

ardilla

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    OSLO
    Torget vurderinger
    ^ Wohaa! Til å være et budsjettprodukt ser dette riktig bra ut!

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Havner vel mellom 30.000,- og 35.000,- norsk, klingende mynt. Lommerusk med andre ord.

M

Morpheus

Gjest
    Takker for infoen om Fostex og Audio Technica lenger her oppe :).

Loevhagen

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    L -> her <- H
    Torget vurderinger
    Auralicen var kul. Hadde håpet den hadde hatt predel og HDMI, men man kan jo håpe at det blir mer vanlig etterhvert.

CDWMcInSpots

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Bergensregionen
    AURALiC VEGA Digital Audio Processor: Forforsterker med kun digitale innganger

Auralicen var kul. Hadde håpet den hadde hatt predel og HDMI, men man kan jo håpe at det blir mer vanlig etterhvert.
    Ingen HDMI-inngang, men den ser ut til å fylle rollen som forforsterker med kun digitale innganger:

[...]
    Five digital inputs include AES/EBU, Coaxial(set of two), Toslink and USB. The balanced and single-ended analog outputs can connect to power amplifier directly, adjusting volume in digital precision without dynamic loss.
    [...]

S

sorgenfri

Gjest
    More changes are coming to Q

"due to our expansion into the electronics side of things with the pending launch of the Electro Magnetic Amplifier Company's 515 SE headphone amplifier, we wish to simplify the cable side of the business."

So, about that headphone amplifier...

When it comes to signal amplification, between tubes and transistors, I tend to prefer tubes. However some years ago (I guess it's been about a dozen or so by now), I found that I preferred something more than tubes. A technology that actually pre-dates tubes; transformers.

When most people think about transformers, they usually think power supplies or perhaps the outputs of tube amplifiers. But transformers are also capable of signal amplification. A well designed and well made step-up transformer can amplify a signal with vanishingly low noise and distortion as well as offering other benefits that active circuits simply cannot offer such as ground isolation between components.

Using transformers for signal amplification is hardly unknown. In audio they have been used for stepping up the voltage of low output moving coil phono cartridges, and in the studio are commonly found in some of the finest microphone preamplifiers.

The EMAC 515SE headphone amplifier utilizes a very high quality 1:5 step-up transformer to provide all of its signal amplification passively, eliminating power supply issues at the most critical stage of any amplifier.

And even though the 515SE uses RCA inputs, the transformer primaries are inherently balanced and provide outstanding common-mode noise rejection even when fed from unbalanced sources.

However being a passive device, a transformer cannot provide any more power out than is put into it. So in order for the amplifier to provide power amplification, active devices must be used.

In this case, the 515SE utilizes a single-ended, single-supply unity gain output stage made up of a pair of JFET and bipolar transistors configured as a Darlington pair (or FETlington if you will). After experimenting with numerous output stage configurations, we found the FETlington circuit to provide the best match for the transformers.

For signal attenuation, the 515SE uses a precision 40 step attenuator for unmatched balance at all levels (channel imbalance, particularly at lower levels, often plagues designs using continuous rotation potentiometers).

The 515SE also includes switched, transformer-coupled preamplifier outputs allowing it to be the heart of a high quality headphone/loudspeaker system. The switching is handled by the headphone jack itself using high quality welded crossbar palladium switch contacts.

Power is provided by a separate discrete, zero feedback series regulated power supply.

That's what's on the inside. Coming up next, what's on the outside.

Stay tuned!

Steve Eddy & Denny Muratovic
    The Audio Guild

q.jpg

Q

Timeline Photos | Facebook

ardilla

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    OSLO
    Torget vurderinger
    Det er andre ting som skjer hos Q som er DÅRLIG NYTT

Q blir DYRERE (billigere for silke, de dropper bomull)
    Q slutter å terminere for annet enn Audeze (kun mini XLR, andre må kjøpe overganskabler)
    Q sluttter med balansert 2x3 pins XLR terminereing og (mindre viktig) Iris.

Now about those changes...
    For other reasons, but primarily due to our expansion into the electronics side of things with the pending launch of the Electro Magnetic Amplifier Company's 515 SE headphone amplifier, we wish to simplify the cable side of the business. To that end, the following changes will be made between now and mid-October, 2012:

• All headphone cables will be made using silk sleeving and 220 strand litz wire. To help keep them as affordable as possible, we will split the difference between the pricing of the silk cables versus the original cotton cables. Cotton will continue to be used for our interconnect and loudspeaker cables.
    • All headphone cables will be terminated at the headphone end using 4 pin mini-XLR's. For use with other headphones such as the HiFiMAN HE series, Sennheiser HD-800 and possibly others, we will offer short "earring" adapters.
    • At the amplifier end, we will be dropping support for both dual 3 pin XLR and Kobiconn "iris" terminations (the latter used on Ray Samuels and ALO Audio balanced portable headphone amplifiers).

M

Morpheus

Gjest
    Spennende dette Q prosjektet! Har ikke hørt om det forsterkerprinsippet før. Synd at de kniper inn på kablene da selv om jeg aldri har hørt en q-kabel. Det bildet til Sorgen sa meg ikke så mye.. Finnes flere relevante bilder?

mariusaa

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Auralic kommer med en ny utgave av taurus: taurus pre. Litt diverse info å finne hos 6moons:
    6moons audio reviews: AURALiC Merak

"The new fully balanced Taurus Pre will become available together with the Merak monos. At the very start the Taurus preamp was simply an enhanced version of the original Taurus. It added remote control and more inputs but otherwise customer feedback on Taurus as preamp had been good.

During the evaluation stage however we found the sonics of the original which had been optimized for headphones not completely satisfying in preamp usage. In Taurus we had deliberately cut some treble because headphones are more direct. Their treble won't attenuate traveling long distance as it does with loudspeakers a few meters removed and facing a large room.

That contour was perfectly legit for the HPA but not for a preamplifier. Now we lost too much treble and soundstage dimensionality, hence the overall sound grew a little dull. Moreover Taurus circuit gain was too high for a linestage.

We thus redesigned the entire circuit. It is still based on the original architecture but has adjusted specific parameters. The input buffer now has even lower noise, the gain is lower, there is less distortion with superior treble and the Orfeo module runs on a different bias current. In toto Taurus Pre is better qualified as preamplifier but no longer the perfect candidate for HPA due to its much reduced drive. In our opinion a superior headphone amp must drive the two biggest current monsters—HE6 and K1000—but the Taurus Pre cannot.

If you forget about those two however, the Taurus Pre remains an excellent choice even if, perhaps, it sounds a little brighter than the standard Taurus. Its retail price with remote has been set at $2.099. Since we cannot achieve perfection for all applications in a single still affordable circuit, both Taurus and Taurus Pre remain in our catalogue for different customers."

Ser fortsatt ut som den "vanlige" taurus er konge på haugen (for hodetelefon bruk).

Vedlegg

• 150.3 KB Visninger: 491
    M

Morpheus

Gjest
    Auralic satser, den skal de ha! Spennende produkter. Finner det litt snodig at ene uttaket ikke er XLR i disse tider.

ardilla

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    OSLO
    Torget vurderinger
    Ikke helt ny men ganske. Med fjernkontroll

A
    udio GD SA-31
    Discrete Preamp / Headphone amp
    Power output 10,000 mW @ 40 ohm

Fully discrete Diamond Difference design , without any OPA and couple caps in the signal channels. High working voltage (+/-35VDC) class A design .
    R-core transformers.
    More than 25,000uf audio grade NOVER capacitors are used to ensure ample and smooth power feed.
    For larger power drive, the output stage applied two pair 15A / 150W Toshiba transistors , power output 10,000mW @ 40 ohm, no matter for most headphone in world.
    2 group class A dedicated PSUs are used to purify the power supply, the amp working at high idle class A model .
    Digitally controlled relay-based volume control to avoid channel imbalance and improve sound quality. SA-31 has 80 steps volume level control in both high gain mode and low gain mode. The total 160 step volume control ensures smooth control of the volume level.
    5 Channel RCA inputs
    Preamp output : RCA * 2 / ACSS (The ACSS output can connect to audio-gd ACSS power amp )
    Headphone output : 4 pins XLR / 6.3MM SE (10W @ 40 ohm) (The XLR still single-ended output, just for who have balanced plugs headphone but use with the SA-31 )
    Memorizes all settings and it could resume the last settings when power on.
    Applied high end grade parts , the Neutrik XLR sockets, 6.3 " headphone scoket and RCA sockets.
    *The SA-31 remote control common with other audio-gd DAC remote control, if customer already own the DAC (NFB-10SE, NFB-9 ) remote control and want the especial remote control for SA-31, please inform us while place the order.

[FONT=穝灿Å砰][/FONT]
    SA314.jpg

Sist redigert:
  • Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn