R.I.P. (Musikkbransjen)

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Slabbedask

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Traff Morten ved noen anledninger, og det er som Egon Holstad skriver, etter fem minutter skulle man tro man hadde kjent ham hele livet. Det er ikke bare i Tromsø han blir et stort savn, men også hjemme på Andøya, hvor han har vært en sentral aktør i forbindelse med Rock Mut Rus.

Cash 63

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Oslo/Grebbestad
    Fikk en overraskende trist beskjed på svenske nyheter ikveld, att Christian Falk er borte nå.

Han var fremforallt en veldigt god rytmisk bassist! og en front figur sammen med Thåström i Imperiet.

RIP Christian

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    R.I.P Idris Muhammad

Idris Muhammad, an all-purpose New Orleans-born drummer whose career found him working both as leader and in-demand collaborator, with artists falling into the jazz, funk and R&B camps, died July 29. The cause and location of death were not reported, but Muhammad was known to have been living in New Orleans since 2011, undergoing dialysis treatment. Muhammad’s career began at age 16 when he played on Fats Domino’s iconic R&B hit “Blueberry Hill.” He later released over a dozen albums as a leader and served as a sideman for Pharoah Sanders, Lou Donaldson, Grover Washington Jr. and many others.

Bartesam

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hus
    Jimi Jamison fra Survivor og Cobra har gått bort 63 år gammel..

Voff

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Armando Peraza. Mangeårig perkusjonist i Santana er gått bort. Riktignok i April men jeg har ikke fått det med meg før nå. Han var bare 89....

OlaR

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Oslo
    Torget vurderinger
    Armando Peraza. Mangeårig perkusjonist i Santana er gått bort. Riktignok i April men jeg har ikke fått det med meg før nå. Han var bare 89....
    .. og en av grunnpilarene i perkusjonsgruppa hans etter min mening!

Sluket

Sivilaudiofil og Master Baiter
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    En av de aller lengstlevende gode gamle karene dette - han fikk et langt og sikkert godt liv må vi håpe! Hadde nesten glemt Jimmy Lunceford BTW - får spille litt gamle ting i aften... de gutta hadde stil og en herlig kustus på bandet.

TT.

The smooth jazz guy! 😉🇳🇴
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Knapstad
    Torget vurderinger
    Joe Sample er død, 75 år gammel. Hvil i fred

Sluket

Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Trist som faen.... har fulgt ham gjennom hele den omfattende karrieren som frontfigur i The Crusaders og ikke minst som en glimrende soloartist med mange flotte album bak seg. Beste minne er fra Storsalen i Chateau Neuf det året som Crusaders album "Images" gikk som en farsott gjennom jazzverdenen... husker også at NRK radio ved en anlednin faktisk spilte HELE albumet uavbrutt. Sjelden opplevelse.

Sluket

Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    The Jazz Line » News »
    News
    [h=1]Joe Sample, Iconic Jazz Pianist & Composer, Is Dead at 75[/h] By David La Rosa, Editor | Sep 13, 2014, 06:23 AMThe Jazz Line

Joe Sample, the critically acclaimed pianist and composer that spent more than five decades creating awe-inspiring music that transcended genres and inspired countless musicians, died on Friday, September 12 in Houston, TX. He was 75.
    Sample’s family confirmed the sad news with a post on his Facebook page, which read: “At 9:50pm (Houston,TX time), September 12, 2014, Joe Sample passed. His wife Yolanda and his son Nicklas would like to thank all of you, his fans and friends, for your prayers and support during this trying time. Please know that Joe was aware and very appreciative of all of your prayers, comments, letters/cards and well wishes.”
    The exact cause of death was not confirmed by his family; however, Sample suffered from a number of health issues over the last few years. After suffering a heart attack in 1994, and a second in 2009, he was recently hospitalized once again due to pneumonia. Sample attributed these struggles to “the vagaries of life, and a little bit of old age.”
    While these struggles forced him to cancel a number of shows recently, including a planned three-day residency at London’s Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club last month, the electricity that filled the room whenever he played would never give away his age.
    Joseph Leslie Sample was born on February 1, 1939 in Houston, TX. He found himself enamored shortly after being introduced to the piano at just five years of age, and stuck with the instrument throughout childhood. He eventually went on to study music performance at Texas Southern University, where he teamed up with his old friends saxophonist Wilton Felder, drummer Stix Hooper, trombonist Wayne Henderson, and several other musicians to form The Jazz Crusaders (later, just The Crusaders).
    The then-teenagers would travel across the Gulf states, playing dive bars and strip clubs trying to emulate music by the likes of John Coltrane. “There was nothing city-slick about what we did,” Sample told The Independent in 1995 about the group’s musical origins.
    The group never graduated from TSU. Instead, they moved from Houston to Los Angeles in the late ’50s to pursue their musical aspirations as a hard-bop group, which was the dominant style of jazz in that era. The group quickly stood out from the crowd for their unique sound, which included Henderson and Felder playing choruses in unison.
    This praise gave them the confidence to experiment much more with their music, until they eventually hit on a winning formula by incorporating elements of soul and funk into a unique fusion that effectively pioneered the styles and techniques we continue to hear in contemporary jazz, and other genres, to this day.
    “We are the fathers of jazz-funk-fusion,” Henderson told the LA Times in 1995. “We took pop tunes... and did them melodically with a groove, so people could dance if they wanted.”

Visit THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE "A GREAT PLACE TO HANG" at: http://www.thejazznetworkworldwide.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

TT.

The smooth jazz guy! 😉🇳🇴
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Knapstad
    Torget vurderinger
    Fra FB:

JOE SAMPLE DEAD AT 75
    It is with great sadness that we report that the iconic contemporary jazz pianist, keyboardist, composer and one of the founding members of the legendary Jazz Crusaders passed at 9:50pm on September 12, 2014 in Houston, Texas.
    The family has posted on Mr. Sample's Facebook wall that his wife Yolanda and son Nicklas are thankful to the fans and friends for all the prayers and support during his recent health struggles. They noted that Joe was aware and appreciative of the letters, cards and well wishes.
    Joe's music is a cornerstone in the world of Smooth Jazz... While we love every single release, one of our favorite Joe Sample classics, CARMEL, is especially near and dear to our hearts here at SmoothJazz.com due to his classy tribute to the part of California we are based out of (the Monterey Peninsula)!
    Sending our heartfelt condolences to the Sample family on this very sad occasion!
    ~SmoothJazz.com Global
    @CreoleJoe ‪#‎joesample‬

10599301_771315029578024_6980278647121568524_n.jpg

Sluket

Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Huffda. Det høstes virkelig blant gamlegutta i år dessverre. Mye fin musikk på ECM, og hadde fint samarbeide med Anthony Braxton tilbake på syttitallet. RIP.

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    Så alt for tidlig - en dyktig lydmann er ikke mere. Hans omfattende arbeid lever derimot videre i oss.
    R.I.P. Roger

Roger.jpg

Roger Valstad - Wikipedia

Innspillingene med Siri`s Svale Band står ikke på listen linket til over.

Finner frem noe av hans arbeid og skåler i stillhet i kveld.

Townes

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    www.skranglefantene.com
    Torget vurderinger
    Paul Revere

Garage Rock Organist Paul Revere Dead at 76

Paul Revere, the organist and namesake for the long-running garage rock group Paul Revere & the Raiders, has passed away at 76. Though his cause of death is currently unknown,TMZ reports [via Rolling Stone] that he had struggled with cancer for the last year.

The Idaho-based group first formed in 1958, where their initial run lasted until 1976. Two years later, they reformed and toured regularly until earlier this year, when a doctor ordered Revere to stop touring and preserve his health.

In their decades as a group, Paul Revere and the Raiders achieved many hits, including "Melody for an Unknown Girl," "Just Like Me" and their take on "Louie, Louie."

Sluket

Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Æsj - trist som faen dette da, like gammel (ung) som meg bare. RIP

HoJ

En glad amatør.
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Stavanger
    Torget vurderinger
    Trist, en musiker med stor M. Hvil i fred Olav.

Lynvingen

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    Virkelig trist når slike hedersmenn som har bidratt slik til musikken går bort.

Voff

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Legende, men kanskje ikke på den positive måten....

Akapaz

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Sørreisa
    Torget vurderinger
    Der har vist Jack Bruce óg forlatt oss. Ikke mange igjen av disse superbassistene dessverre...

Bartesam

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hus
    Det var trist. Han var vel topp ti av bassister. Ikke så lenge siden Donald "Duck" Dunne gikk bort heller :(

bambi

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Smurfeland
    ^Trist, har likt Cream siden jeg oppdaget det i platesamlinga til gamlingen som tenåring.

olisn

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Larvik
    Torget vurderinger
    RIP, Jack. Spiller "Wheels of Fire" i kveld.

Ole G

ErosLoveking

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Oslo
    imponerende når musikere fra den generasjonen / tidsepoken der bikker 70.
    RIP!

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn